What's wrong with Javascript's getMonth()?

Hi all,

My client just alerted me of a date mistake. For some reason, getMonth() always displays the month before. Is this a bug or has it always been like this? Try the following code:

<script language="JavaScript">

function testdate()
    var testx;

now = new Date();

testx = now.getMonth();
    testy = "hello";

<body onLoad="testdate();">

The Big Easy -New Orleans
    This follows the Java convention - months will be 0 through 11

public int getMonth()

Note: getMonth() is deprecated. As of JDK version 1.1, replaced by Calendar.get(Calendar.MONTH).

Returns the month represented by this date. The value returned is between 0 and 11, with the value 0 representing January.

the month represented by this date.
    See Also:

Ahh.. I forgot about that whole date thing starting at 0. I've made the same mistake before in my scripts. By the way, do you happen to know of a way to check if all strings are uppercase or lowercase in Javascript? I've been searching all over the place, but found nothing so far. Thanks.

You can try to convert the String to all upper/lower case, and then compare to see if that new string is equal to the old string (if so, then it was already in all upper/lower case).

I am only a java programmer, so I only know Java's String class can convert to upper/lower case. You can either check to see if javascript has such a function, or use the Java version via liveconnect.