Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looks maybe, it is a different version number 1.1 on there site how can it be the SAME as our version 1.3-ST?

So an other words there are changes some where, and maybe yours workd off the bat because you got your copy after he fixed mine, I don't no John only knows.

So tell John replies to my last post we will not no.

The other thing I ran a client signup before I ordered it and never got any return email back from that test.

So what ever like I said I am not requesting a refund so that should make everybody happy here.

Back to work...

Richard

Originally posted by hoster
    [B
    The other thing I ran a client signup before I ordered it and never got any return email back from that test.
    [/B]
    Richard - John clearly stated somewhere earlier in this thread that the email function is disabled in the online demo because of the risk of abuse.

This is a pretty normal thing to do.

Looks maybe, it is a different version number 1.1 on there site how can it be the SAME as our version 1.3-ST?
    It is pretty normal for minor version changes to be so similar it is hard to tell the difference - sometimes it is just that something in the code go a rewrite.

What John said earlier in the thread is that the 1.3 ST does have a few differences from 1.1, but not regarding the functionality you took issue with.

When I stated that there were the same - I meant in the areas such as the welcome email. Although to be honest I am hard pressed to see what the differences are in other areas too - the software I am running seems the same as the demo.

This is what John said:

Yes, you have received a more recent version than the one on our site and the one you have has more features.

I do understand about small changes in software I have been in this business since 1998 and have purchased a lot of software in my days.

I have been in computers whne the Mac first can out if that tells you anything.

lanie, like I said many of times now in this thread that I am keeping the software, and I said many times over and over that Johns support is great.

So can we get on to another subject?

Regards,

Richard

like I said many of times now in this thread that I am keeping the software, and I said many times over and over that Johns support is great.

So can we get on to another subject?

Regards,

Richard
    I am glad that ultimately you are happy with PerlBill. It is a great product.

Good talking with you.

Lanie

Hi Richard

This isn't really the place for me to post a changelog between versions. There are a number of backend changes and additions in the administration.

I will email you the exact changes, as I said earlier though no changes have been made to the areas raised such as welcome emails.

Best Regards

John
    John Bennett
    PerlBill / PerlDesk Developer

No John what I wanted you to do is explain what you corrected on the software you sent me and way it didn't work?

Thats it.

Richard

Hi Richard

The correction was made to the HTML code for the 2Checkout payment form in the documentation that needed to be inserted into one of the templates to activate the 2Checkout integration. One of the value tags was missing an '=' sign in the source. I simply corrected that.

Apologies for the delays that caused getting you up and running but it has been corrected in our documentation.

Regards

John
    John Bennett
    PerlBill / PerlDesk Developer

Thank you John.

Case closed..............

Richard

Wow

All i can say is wow. What is the problem if he had to fix some of the code. He did it, and from what I understand pretty fast. I don't get why you said lets make it clear. Because who cares.

I purchased this program last week. I will post a demo once i have fully modified mine. I am currently adding hard coded fields, and changing a few other things like the welcome letter and all that.

I have been emailing john back and forward for the last few days with him responding everytime and even telling me how his code works pretty much. So now i completly understand it and can modify it anyway i want.

Just so everyone knows. This product is great, the support is great, enough said. I don't get why hoster had to bring it to these forums when john had been emailing him back everytime. He even took his time to come and respond to this lame thread

Thanks John

Please look at my comment here...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...25#post1678425

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12