* how can i get someone's ftp password from SSH

My RaQ admin isn't working. I'm trying to transfer the sites off the raq. How can i get someone's FTP PW?
    .John

If it is YOUR RaQ do you have the admin password? Many times that is the same as the root password. You can always change the users password if you can get to that point. Since you can get into SSH... then you should be able to...

yeah, where are users's ftp pw's stored?
    .John
    Web Design:
    web design company

The same place all the passwords are stored... in the password file.

what's the name of that file? It's my raq, see my other posts about my problems with it.
    .John
    Web Design:
    web design company

the file is /etc/passwd and etc/shadow... but you won't be able to get the password from that file. If you look the password is changed to mumbo-jumbo... so people can't get the password from it.

What is wrong with the admin area?

when i click on edit site (lil green wrench icon) in manage sites it goes to page not found. Which is nice and ironic because I was moving all of the sites to a new server and would have only been using the raq for about 20 more minutes. Working fine for months and months, and it dies in the last hour it would have been in use.
    I'm tryign to update my ChiliSoft. ASP stopped working soon after so i'm gonna update to that new ASP.
    .John
    Web Design:
    web design company

I don't know if that's going to fix it, but I just need to ftp into like 3 accounts and download their files to put on the new server. Any ideas how I can do this?
    .John
    Web Design:
    web design company

Like I suggested before... if you can log in as root via SSH then reset the passwords for those accounts... do you have the passwords for the new server? Wouldn't they be the same?

I have the passwords, but I don't have users' ftp passwords. How do i reset the passwords?
    .John
    Web Design:
    web design company

passwd <username> at the command line then it will ask you for the password