Need some opinions on webhosting

MY English teacher at my High school assigned us a Project today that is due tomorrow and its a speech, and my topic is web hosting so I don't understand too much about how the servers all run and prices and good company's. Anyone wanna help me out here. I need to make some note cards and have my speech 3 mins long. Any facts will be helpful. Thank you - icekiller

Ask some questions ... we'll be sure to answer them.

Okay here are some

What does Web Hosting Mean?
    What is a CPanel
    Differance between Servers (Like the VCS server and Normal / Linux)
    Pricing on hosting
    What does MBPS mean
    what is a FTP

I know most of these I just want a professional answer

Not to be unhelpful, but why on earth would you choose this topic if you have no knowledge of it? Always easier to write about what you know.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Better Grade

What does Web Hosting Mean?
    Web hosting is a service which gives you the ability to make your website accessible through the internet. Many may not realize that amount of complexities involved in providing reliable internet access. While your home internet connection may be 'good enough' for you, and your home PC might be fast enough for your needs, in order for your website to be accessible at all times, there needs to be much stronger infrastructure. Most providers find it rather cost effective to use multi-cored processors, such as the Intel Xeon or AMD Opterons. For their internet connections, it's absolutely necessary for a provider to have an extremely quick, reliable connection; most providers opt for at least a Gig-E line. Some providers also find it beneficial to have multiple connections for redundancy.

What is a CPanel
    CPanel is a control panel software which allows users to easily setup, and modify their website to their liking. CPanel is not the only control panel software, however it is one of the most widely used and recognized. Other competing are Direct Admin, Plesk, Hsphere and Ensim.

Pricing on hosting
    The pricing of hosting is normally determined by the comfortable profit levels determined by the hosting company. However, it's important to note that much of the time the pricing is ultimately determined by the level of service provided. The pricing is normally determined by the cost of space, bandwidth offered, the infrastructure required (heating/cooling, power), and the level of support that the provider wishes to provide for each user. For example, if you hire a support technician on at $120 a day, and expect him to answer 50 tickets during that time, you're likely going to have to charge at least $2.40 per account (120/50 = cost per ticket)

What does MBPS mean
    Megabits per second. It is the speed of which a file is being transferred at.

what is a FTP
    FTP = File Transfer protocol. FTP clients are used to allow for clients to easily upload their files to their webspace.

What are Some Good name brand hosting companys?

And if possible can you add some facts I should include Ty VM! inogenius

MBPS is the not the speed at which the file is being transferred at, it is the maximum throughput rate of a connection.

Well known hosting companies include:

1&1
    Rackspace
    Godaddy (they are also one of the largest registrars of domain names)

Should add marks to inogenius who help to answer it :)
    How to Start / Create Your Own Website: The Begineer's A-Z Guide
    See here: http://www.kidbuxblog.com/learn_webdesign

Thank you guys for all the help

the end result was that I got a B+ on the speech

Thanx for all the facts and information. Much Much appreciated