Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mycoolworld View Post
    For Me The General Propogation Time Is 15-20 Minutes

If You Register A New Domain And Set It's Nameserver To Your Host During The Time Of Domain Registration It Will Propogate In 1 Min As The Registry Entry Is Updated Faster For New Domains
    Capitalizing Every Word In A Sentence Is Very Distracting.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

It really does depend on the host. Account creation for most are immediate, some require moderation for activation. The other thing to consider is if you have your website already made or will make it afterwards, in which you should probably wait before doing so. Another factor im not sure if was mentioned above is if your moving or transfering a domain name from another company. Times vary depending on releasal of the domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET) View Post
    Uhhh, that's exactly what makes our comments about Enom CORRECT... the mechanism they use to make the domain names go live right away, is what makes them so fast.
    You do not need to use Enom to get your domains registered straight away, the majority of registrars register submit domains straight away. What you are implying is similar to me saying "to get your domain resolving quickly, you must go with host xxxx". Yes they may be quick to activate your account, but it doesn't mean they are the only host to activate your account quickly. In the same sense, just because one registrar you know of is slower, doesn't mean every single one other than Enom is.

This is a great discussion and I'll share my most recent experience with links.

I can usually register a domain with NameCheap.com, create a web hosting account from my BudgetReseller.com resellers account and it propagates within 30 minutes.

The fastest propagation I have experienced was just 5 minutes, however that is rare.

Great to hear 5 minutes propogation

Great RossMAN, your story is really great

5 minutes propagation, please put more details about it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12