hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Minimum time to make live a Website in Internet

Forum Jump

Minimum time to make live a Website in Internet

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 06:03 AM

Minimum time to make live a Website in Internet

What minimum possible time does it takes to become live on Internet for a website? I mean to say the time taken from domain registration, hosting and uploading. Here what I observered is hosting and uploading is almost instantanious if Internet connection and server is ok, the next factor is time taken for propagation of nameserver details. any i am asking about instant website? Is it possible to register a domain, host and upload site content and all is available to world in minimum time.

So suggest me any one a startegy for minimum time taken in the whole process.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Web Hosting Master

The limiting factor - assuming you already have your content ready to go on your hard drive - would be DNS propagation. Also some hosts, depending on security policies, may want to verify your CC info.

Otherwise: registration of a domain name can be done in the process of opening your hosting account, usually the host will be happy to do that for you.

The host should give you the site login as soon as your payment is approved, then you can upload your contents instantly. The DNS will usually propagate within the hour but that can vary.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:32 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

i would say 24 hours-48 hours for a website to go online.

as Nadabrahma said, the limiting factor is waiting for the dns to change, everything else is practically immediate and with most good hosts they would provide an ip or alternate url to access the ftp and control panel so you can upload the files while waiting for the domain name to propagate.

that is also based upon a fast and responsive host to your sales request

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Community Liaison

An other addition to the time it might take is the TLD you try to register, while TLD's like .com .org .net and so on, are often instantly setup, others may take a day before even to be loaded by the registrar. (i.e. .NL only updates its zone file twice a day, and officially not even in the weekends).

DNS propagation can only kick in when the registrar did indeed load the domain to its zone files. So this is also a factor you need to calculate into the minimum time.

| Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Old 09-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Too smart for her own good.

I had my last one live in 20 minutes.

It depends upon your domain registrar, perhaps but I have found that domains I register at Enom are live and propagating within 5-10 minutes. Not hours, minutes.

Then it is just a matter of creating the account in WHM and uploading the files. Done.

Bailey

Old 09-19-2007, 06:42 AM

Wonderfull replies

Ya it is exactly what i intended to, thanks a lot to all of you, I request more people to respond to the time to live.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bithost(NET) View Post
I had my last one live in 20 minutes.

It depends upon your domain registrar, perhaps but I have found that domains I register at Enom are live and propagating within 5-10 minutes. Not hours, minutes.

Then it is just a matter of creating the account in WHM and uploading the files. Done.

Bailey
Yep, 10 - 20 minutes is all it takes. The key factor here is registering the domain name and pointing the default DNS records to your current host. This automatically ensures that when the domain is registered then it is already pointing to the correct domain.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Web Hosting Master

I do it in less than 15 minutes, depends on your registrar and your host. With some registrars, you can register in less than 1 minute , others take half hour and DNS propagation is instantaneous .

Old 09-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Web Hosting Guru

15-30 Minutes provided that your content is ready and your domain is registered with eNom

The fastest DNS propagation I have seen so far is 13 minutes. (eNom Rocks)

Old 09-20-2007, 05:23 AM

vow wonderfull discission , I really admire and thanks to you guys

Old 09-20-2007, 05:44 AM
Web Hosting Master

The comments here about using Enom to make it faster are totally incorrect.

The domain registrar plays absolutely no part in the speed it will take for your domain to resolve, unless you get a registrar that waits and doesn't actually register the domain when you submit the request to them.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:05 AM

Are all registrar equal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wullie View Post
The comments here about using Enom to make it faster are totally incorrect.

The domain registrar plays absolutely no part in the speed it will take for your domain to resolve, unless you get a registrar that waits and doesn't actually register the domain when you submit the request to them.
You mean to say all registrar are equal as for as dns propogation is concerned?
If yes means domain registered with any registrar will take the same time?

Old 09-20-2007, 07:40 AM
Web Hosting Master

I think it depends more on the hosting company . I use Directi for registering many of my domains, but they are hosted at different places. With Netfirms it took 1 day for the site to become live after uploading, with site5 it usually takes 30 minutes (longer for .com, .net) but with hostgator and asmallorange it takes less than 10 minutes.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Premium Member

I've noticed that being close to your nameservers also makes a difference. I'm right beside my nameservers, and so as soon as I create a site, it's already live for me, but a dude in Utah couldn't see it yet. It all depends on DNS propagation and how quickly it occurs. It depends on where you are, and if there are any issues in the internet route.

:: Security Mailing List for Hosting Providers

Old 09-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Web Hosting Master

I would add one more thing to this. If you are changing the nameservers of an existing site, it will take more time for resolving as there will be cached results at different caching nameservers.
Any way this is not a factor when you are going for a brand new domain.

Matt A.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Mistakes To Avoid When Launching A New Website Design Blog 2014-01-10 10:53:50
SiteLock and WebsiteAlive Partner to Secure Live Chat Web Hosting News 2013-06-21 12:06:42
Filipino Startup Offerchat Introduces Connectivity Improvements to Free Live Chat Tool Web Hosting News 2013-05-14 16:48:31
Web Host Verio Offers Live Chat Support Through LiveChime Partnership Web Hosting News 2012-12-12 10:59:01
Website usability – 10 tips for getting it right Blog 2012-04-27 14:11:03