Open-Source Control Panels?!

We are looking for some nice open-source control panels to include on the servers.

Can anyone recommend some?

We use WHM/CPanel on our shared hosting and we have had Plesk on a few servers, but for the dedicated servers we are looking for something we don't have to pay for and can provide to customers.
    Thanks,

Cline Communications, Corp.
    info@ClineCommunications.net

Webmin, Web.cp, Soon SimpleCP will be available for a low fee...

Correction

Actually, we've decided to starve ourselves and make it free :-D
    Avi B

Re: Correction

Originally posted by MaB
    Actually, we've decided to starve ourselves and make it free :-D
    Hahaha... Thats always nice to hear, but man you guys love to change your licensing structure huh?

Re: Re: Correction

Originally posted by The Prohacker

Hahaha... Thats always nice to hear, but man you guys love to change your licensing structure huh?
    For that comment, its now $999.87/mo - jk

I know, its hard - do something good or make money... hm

If i try to change it again please link to this article
    If i ignore you, i give you permission to clobber me over the head with a metal object
    Avi B

Re: Re: Re: Correction

Originally posted by MaB

For that comment, its now $999.87/mo - jk

I know, its hard - do something good or make money... hm

If i try to change it again please link to this article
    If i ignore you, i give you permission to clobber me over the head with a metal object

Personally, I think you guys should charge something for it..

Maybe nothing huge, but enough to make it worth your while..

That'd also help pay for extra things, like an extra server for the demo, extra servers for development, maybe a members only cvs, etc..

I liked the $50 buck one time fee idea... Kinda like a mandatory donation

Would you mind if I PMd you asking a few questions about SimpleCP?

Yup, PM away - i dont think its smart to continue here - I will get flamed... so - how about that anthrax?
    Avi B

I can bet that open source control panel can be sold at $1k. I would love to buy it, if its available and can offer 90% of what cPanel/WHM does.

But that's just me
    × Dedicated Servers × cPanel Shared/Reseller Hosting
    × VPS × Backups × Cloud × Colocation × Managed Services
    × Webx Networks × Serving world wide since 1997

ButterflyCP, but it seems likely that we will have to change the name.
    (http://butterflycp.sf.net)

Many features are here, but since we added developers, we are sort of paralized in a very long specification stage.
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

Endless eh Chris?

That's what I love, and why I am a developer for BCP. It was started, and still continues to be an open-source control panel, and if that changes I will no longer be a part of the project.

Unfortunately, yes we are at the "What should we do here?" stage, but I can honestly say this project has already been several months (maybe longer?) in the making, and as long as I still breath it will stay alive .
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

Let's not forget http://webcp.can-host.com IMO, it's the most advanced open-source control panel. It's been in development for a while. It's still a pre-beta version, but it's very stable and AFAIK, there have not been found any serious bugs.
    Web-cp: an open source control panel: http://www.web-cp.net

I also think you must charge something arround $50-$90.

In this way we can expect a beeter CP in near future and also some support and patches

If you add some features like better reseller support (like I have said in other threads) it will become something that i am ready to pay at least $100 for it.

The only thing that stops me from using it now is that I worry of bugs so I prefer to see feedbacks and then decide.

In general I have liked it very much. If we can have some kind of skins we can create something like CPanel skins and then bingo! customers will love it

Mac

We already have something to match/exceed whm in the making
    Avi B

I also think you must charge something arround $50-$90

Really? Tell that to the makers of phpBB... or a better example would be Linux, which is far more complex then any server management software. And yet, Linux still continues to improve, as fast and more stable them Windows, and most other commercial operating systems (ahem.. that have an actual gui).
    - Adorno

You can not compare Linux with a very limited used web hosting control panel. And you know how long it took for Linux to reach this stage?

I just tried phpBB. Its good, but not comparable to commercial products.

Its free for everyone except datacenters with over 100 servers (revenge to dialtone and other companies who wouldnt help us develop it) - one thing... i dont understand why people want me to charge them im sure well gladly take donations but, the thread is about open source control panel lists, not simplecps pricing
    Avi B

Originally posted by masood
    You can not compare Linux with a very limited used web hosting control panel. And you know how long it took for Linux to reach this stage?

Okay, this is the last post since I'm getting off topic. But you take one look at phpBB and say that it doesn't even compare to vB and other commerical products? I'd say the code (which is the most IMPORTANT factor) does, as well as all the features (and 100's of mods).

Furthermore, Linux is a great comparison, because it IS so much larger in scope, it proves a product such as a hosting control panel CAN make it, simply because of the less work involved. There is a lot of room for more control panels, but it sounds like you make the assumption that price = quality, and that doesn't fly with all products (Linux vs. Microsoft example works again).

Originally posted by masood

Exactly.

You need to compare this product to software like ensim etc.

Simplecp developpers can sell it for the price I told NOW! and be sure they will have enough customers.

Mac

Well when our open source control panel is available to the public, feel free to compare it to Ensim.
    - Adorno

Originally posted by comphosting
    Well when our open source control panel is available to the public, feel free to compare it to Ensim.
    Will we be able to host unlimited domains with it? Or will it be restricted?