Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ensim Pro control panel sold to SWSoft

Ensim Pro control panel sold to SWSoft....

Any comments? Ensim have been very quite on their pro product for some time so i am hoping SWSoft make the most of this and dont just get rid or integrate the product into their own......

Anyone have any good contacts at SWSoft as I really need to speak to someone.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

I am afraid it will lead to the death of Ensim. Ensim is just standalone control panel, not clustered product likes H-Sphere. And even H-Sphere, they have standalone version. I am not sure about H-Sphere, but I tried Ensim before, and it's a bit difficult to use, so...

Ensim is a fantastic product if you arent looking for a playskool look and following the sheep like every other damn host on the market.

Its ok to say you dont like it, but its a great product. SWSoft obviously see value in it and I think they will continue development of the product alongside existing product lineups, just interested to see how this unfolds.

I personally wouldnt trust any other product for shared hosting.

So now swsoft is developing:

Plesk for linux and windows
    Confixx
    Ensim for linux and windows

That's five distinct and separate competing products.

The also have:

virtuozzo
    hspcomplete
    PEM
    DAS

PEM and DAS are almost the same product as well.

How many competing products can they realistically develop and manage. More over, why would they want to have all these products in house that directly compete with each other? Seems like they just out some competition with this announcement.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by UH-Matt View Post
    Ensim Pro control panel sold to SWSoft....

Any comments? Ensim have been very quite on their pro product for some time so i am hoping SWSoft make the most of this and dont just get rid or integrate the product into their own......

Anyone have any good contacts at SWSoft as I really need to speak to someone.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=634556

Per Ensim and my SWSoft contact we will be notified within the next few weeks with new account managers assignments.

SWSoft has provided an email address ensimpro@swsoft.com

How Fun!
    || One Avenue Networks ||
    cPanel & Parallels Pro Reseller Hosting | Dedicated Hosting | Server Colocation
    Non-Oversubscribed Bandwidth | Non-Oversubscribed Servers | 99.9% Network Uptime

Consolidation is now happening in the hosting control panel market.

Interesting.

I predict that SW Soft will merge several of their control panels into a single product within 1.5 years. It makes no sense to do otherwise.

Buying Ensim is a smart move, I think.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Maybe combine the 2 and make Plensim

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Consolidation is now happening in the hosting control panel market.

Interesting.

I predict that SW Soft will merge several of their control panels into a single product within 1.5 years. It makes no sense to do otherwise.

Buying Ensim is a smart move, I think.
    Per a phone conversation that I had an hour ago with my contact they have no plans to merge panels, to make his point he said "We acquired Confixx several years ago and it is still Confixx" so Ensim users should not be alarmed.

http://www.swsoft.com/en/ensimpro/

Am going to happy hour early today!

PS; There is another major surprise in the works...ah starts with a P
    Non-Oversubscribed Bandwidth | Non-Oversubscribed Servers | 99.9% Network Uptime

Quote Originally Posted by scooterh View Post
    Maybe combine the 2 and make Plensim
    Plensim...interesting LOL

I think you should TM that name

Ensiplex sounds good as well...

Interesting development for sure - I've always been interested in Ensim, having used it as my first CP. However, I could never really deal with the costs when compared to the other options out there. This could end up being a positive thing, maybe the guys at SWSoft can make it more accessible for someone like me.

Cost? Long term Ensim has worked out cheaper than panels such as Cpanel... I always prefer up front costs to own a licence rather than monthly or recurring fees. This is the first thing SWSoft will change I fear
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Matt, I second that. I prefer to the initial investment into the license rather than recurring fees.

I just spoke with Jager from SWSOFT, Manager for Asian Operations @ SWSOFT, It seems to me that they are intending to sell it "as a service" model pushing it for resellers, rather than up front purchases.

Costs? Ensim is always cheaper long term, not just for the recurring costs, but because of the reliability the CP is designed, saves troubles on admin, security etc.
    Glenn Lee
    Swiftroute Private Limited
    Singapore Managed Hosting Services

Will be more SWsoft purchased announced in the future I am sure of that.

It will soon be the "godpanel" or something like that, and PEM will be there to be "god" over the other panels

I am a bit alarm, I am hoping that there will be more independent controlpanels in the market rather than one company controlling all. Thankfully Directadmin is still not acquired and Cpanel is doing strong.

Quote Originally Posted by oneavenue View Post
    Per a phone conversation that I had an hour ago with my contact they have no plans to merge panels, to make his point he said "We acquired Confixx several years ago and it is still Confixx" so Ensim users should not be alarmed.
    The key difference here is that Confixx is big in it's native market of Germany, but Ensim is directly competing with Plesk. However, the Plesk, Inc. purchase by SWsoft had a few bumps but did go well without harming my business, and I am pleased to be a small part of SWsoft rather than a smaller company as they are a company who do listen to us partners (at all levels), and are proving to be a strong force in the industry which offers my business stability.
    Andrew Cranson, Director of Operations
    Layershift Fully Managed Cloud Hosting :: WizzVPS Cheap Unmanaged VPS
    Jelastic :: Next generation PaaS :: Cloud Hosting
    True 24x7 Technical Support - peace of mind around the clock! UK, USA, Singapore server locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Matt, I second that. I prefer to the initial investment into the license rather than recurring fees.

I just spoke with Jager from SWSOFT, Manager for Asian Operations @ SWSOFT, It seems to me that they are intending to sell it "as a service" model pushing it for resellers, rather than up front purchases.
    Plesk has always been offered as both models, and I think this will continue with Ensim. If you buy in bulk you will get discounts on both one-off and monthly subscriptions. Don't worry about this, their sales models are flexible and their sales team supportive.
    Andrew Cranson, Director of Operations
    Layershift Fully Managed Cloud Hosting :: WizzVPS Cheap Unmanaged VPS
    Jelastic :: Next generation PaaS :: Cloud Hosting
    True 24x7 Technical Support - peace of mind around the clock! UK, USA, Singapore server locations.

Definitely. My firm has just attained a partnership with SWSoft just recently, and are pleased at how they intend to bring hosting automation to the next level.
    Glenn Lee

[MAJOR News] SWsoft acquires PSoft (H-Sphere) - and Ensim

The word's out, guys.. someone from SWSOFT has informed me that SWSOFT has just accquired another hosting control panel - Postive Software Corp (Guys who do Hsphere)

Hot on the heels of the Ensim Pro product line accquisition, It seems that SWSoft is aggressively consolidating the hosting control panel market.

So the major retail players currently indepedent of SWSOFT are Linux: cPanel, Directadmin Windows: Helm, DotNetPanel
    Glenn Lee

The word's out, guys.. someone from SWSOFT has informed me that SWSOFT has just accquired another hosting control panel - Postive Software Corp (Guys who do Hsphere)

Hot on the heels of the Ensim Pro product line accquisition, It seems that SWSoft is aggressively consolidating the hosting control panel market.

So the major retail players currently indepedent of SWSOFT are Linux: cPanel, Directadmin Windows: Helm, DotNetPanel
    Any idea if/when this will ever be made public?

Personally not surprised that SWSoft are snapping up companies, only worries me if cPanel/DA go next...
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

This has been known for about 6 months. Both sides have been hush hush about it though. Since they are telling people it must mean they finally reached an agreement that both sides accept.

* [MAJOR News] SWsoft acquires PSoft (H-Sphere) - and Ensim

It's confirmed. http://www.swsoft.com/en/psoft/ and http://www.swsoft.com/en/ensimpro/

This should (hopefully) have a positive impact on the hosting industry as a whole, but it also means that SWsoft will have somewhat of a monopoly in hosting software (Plesk, H-Sphere, Ensim, Virtuozzo, to name some).

I'd be very interested to hear how the community feels about this and how it might affect some web hosts out there.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    It's confirmed. http://www.swsoft.com/en/psoft/ and http://www.swsoft.com/en/ensimpro/

This should (hopefully) have a positive impact on the hosting industry as a whole, but it also means that SWsoft will have somewhat of a monopoly in hosting software (Plesk, H-Sphere, Ensim, Virtuozzo, to name some).

I'd be very interested to hear how the community feels about this and how it might affect some web hosts out there.
    *subscribes to thread*

Major is almost an understatement.

but it also means that SWsoft will have somewhat of a monopoly in hosting software (Plesk, H-Sphere, Ensim, Virtuozzo, to name some).
    Indeed... It's what makes me not like this news a whole lot.

*subscribes to thread*
    Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Major is almost an understatement.

Indeed... It's what makes me not like this news a whole lot.

Good idea.
    From personal experience, SWSoft products have major problems updating smoothly (usually something always breaks).

Perhaps it's a bit too much for them to handle. Hopefully the quality of these control panels don't go down the drain...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast