Thread: Cobalt Qube 2

Cobalt Qube 2

Hello.

I know this has been asked before (most likely it has, however I am unable to find it).

My question is regarding the Cobalt Qube 2. I under it's a 200mhz (or something like that) and I am in the process of probably getting one. My question is, is it possible to remove the Cobalt OS and just put my own flavor of Linux (ie. Redhat, FreeBSD) w/o any complications? I understand I won't be having the control panel that it comes with (hell I can live w/o that).

Any comments are appreciated.

Re: Cobalt Qube 2

Why not just build your Self a PC and install Red hat Linux on it. much better option. plus you can have a faster processor etc

Originally posted by PCRob
    Hello.

I know this has been asked before (most likely it has, however I am unable to find it).

My question is regarding the Cobalt Qube 2. I under it's a 200mhz (or something like that) and I am in the process of probably getting one. My question is, is it possible to remove the Cobalt OS and just put my own flavor of Linux (ie. Redhat, FreeBSD) w/o any complications? I understand I won't be having the control panel that it comes with (hell I can live w/o that).

Any comments are appreciated.

With all due respect, that wasn't my question. My question was

I doubt it would work. First off the lack of a video out, and standard input. Second, you'll need a distro with runs on a MIPS.