Thread: Designers Block

Designers Block

ahh I'm trying to design my website but I'm suffering from designers block so bad. Very frustrating... especially since coolhomepages.com isn't working so I can get any ideas from that.

Please post the URL - you might be able to a few ideas from us

haha well right now it's just on my computer, and there's really nothing there except for a few images and tables. I just can't think of how to 'organize' my site and what to put where and everything.

I usually look at other sites for inspiration... take a look at the website review section. There's usually pretty good work and tips there.

and while we're at it.. www.deviantart.com

Thanks for the links. Still kinda stuck, but I'm digging out of it.

When I get stuck, I just take a break from my computer and let my head clear out.

Take a look at similar sites, look at how they organize their information/products/whatever. Take a look at their overall design/colors.

Then, get out a pen(cil) and some paper, draw a bunch of screen size boxes, and start sketching ideas. Change one or two things between sketchs or change a lot of things.
    Colin

LOL I had same issue with the design blockage....
    Just throw thryin to learn this stuff on top and never using Photshop before....

but after a few weeks and alot of bud (can i say that here) I pulled some design out my azz

Sometimes if you face the computer for too long, you will get stuck. Just stop facing it, go out and have fun. =) Your block will go away, I hope =)

I've been stuck with designer's block for months now... I have no quiet time in this house... Everytime I sit down to try and dig up a design, I have a 2 1/2 year old hanging on me the whole time... and whatever I did have... no longer is around anymore...

Its very urk-some -- especially when I have a design to do for someone else. Everything seems to be looking like poo lately. *sigh*

Geez... and I'm going to be having 2 kids running around the house to bother me.. AHHHHHH!

14. for me, i find a lot of my inspiration when i'm around people. i just can't get the ball rollin when people are around. so, i carry a sketch book around me and quickly write down what i see and vision. later on at night when there are no one in sight, that is when i get stuff done. this is the time i have no creative juice left, but the journal itself keeps me going. and when i do start to get some work done, the creativeness starts to flow. the only bad thing is that these are also the nights that become morning real fast.

Originally posted by rockergrrl
    I've been stuck with designer's block for months now... I have no quiet time in this house... Everytime I sit down to try and dig up a design, I have a 2 1/2 year old hanging on me the whole time... and whatever I did have... no longer is around anymore...

Its very urk-some -- especially when I have a design to do for someone else. Everything seems to be looking like poo lately. *sigh*

Geez... and I'm going to be having 2 kids running around the house to bother me.. AHHHHHH!

Originally posted by rockergrrl
    This is about the time that you invest in a good door (a nice, solid, thick one) and a strong lock.
    Colin

LOL

I do have a good door... Whenever I lock it, my two year old stands at it and screams and pounds on it... And then I have my husband pi$$ing and mourning that I'm in here and not in the livingroom. lol

I feel your pain rocker... Just try 3 kids all under 5
    Only during feedings, naps and after 9pm do I even have a remote chance of enuff peace to try things..
    But it never fails the baby will cry and i'll lose my concetration