Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down webreseller problems :(

My server seems to have crashed or sometime yesterday @ around 9:40 pm cst and I hav'nt heard anything back at all I left a message I keep calling I need my server rebooted and they are'nt even there.

looks like its time to find a place with apc

p.s. > i have customers yelling at me from every which angle and its not pretty

im pretty sure web reseller has 24/7 support, of course, i think i heard a story similar to yours a couple of weeks ago.

You might see if you can get in contact with jbiz he may be able to get ahold of rob for you.

Of course this is assuming youve gone through the normal means for support first.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

It appears webresellers online after a second look on aol instant mess. ill im them and refer them to this thread.
    1-866-316-HOST

Originally posted by cbaker17
    It appears webresellers online after a second look on aol instant mess. ill im them and refer them to this thread.
    lol thanks and could you pm me his aol name i would im him too if i knew it

why dont they check tickets on the weekends or answer phones? lol customers need support on weekends too

its "webreseller" but it may just be for sales i dont know...

dont know why they dont have support on the weekends, youll have to ask them...

i cant imagine not being able to get a server rebooted I guess i would be mad too if i were you.
    1-866-316-HOST

well i guess plesk craped out on me and caused it to crash i guess is what happened because i noticed a few forums i host having mysql errors then a few others not having any errors at all then about an hour later you can ping it but not ssh it or port 80 21 etc....

so i hope it just needs a reboot

I've had no problems using the help desk, and getting someone to reboot a server for me. Even on weekends.

We do have 24/7 support .

You have my IM and email address if need be, so you should be able to contact someone all the time.
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

hehe told youall you had to do was contact jbiz NOW WHO DO YOU LOVE
    1-866-316-HOST

cbaker17: last time i contacted him he was very rude saying this is'nt the one i should im him at that it is his personal email and that he has a life outside work

so i did'nt want to upset him so now he says i can so we'll see how it goes

Im not going to get into all the details of that conversation Zac.

It was 8pm on a Friday night you contacted me on a personal IM account in regards to support issues that I can not answer also knowing we have a helpdesk. I simply told him to contact are help desk.

Then you IM me about this issue with no info other then this ?
    how come my server been down like 23 hours?

As i replied in the IM i need more info then that. Acct# Server #

Please get me that and I can look into the issue on what is wrong with your machine.

I usually have nothing to do with support so Im going to see what is going on. I will contact you off these boards with more info, as this is not a webreseller support forum.
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

Originally posted by JBIZ718
    Im not going to get into all the details of that conversation Zac.

It was 8pm on a Friday night you contacted me on a personal IM account in regards to support issues that I can not answer also knowing we have a helpdesk. I simply told him to contact are help desk.

Then you IM me about this issue with no info other then this ?
    how come my server been down like 23 hours?

As i replied in the IM i need more info then that. Acct# Server #

Please get me that and I can look into the issue on what is wrong with your machine.

I usually have nothing to do with support so Im going to see what is going on. I will contact you off these boards with more info, as this is not a webreseller support forum.
    thanks alot for looking into this for me as the support team sure is'nt thanks

My experience with WR is that they have been very responsive to their helpdesk, even more so than their phone support. I don't really submit that many tickets, but when I do they are answered in a timely manner (even on weekends).

-Steven
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

so finally after 26 hours here is what i get very disapointing
    ------

Zac,

We are actively looking into the problem with your server, from what we can see currently it appears as though your drive may have gone bad. We will follow up shortly with you about this. In regards to the ticket you entered, it was not marked as an emergency to start with so therefore it went into the regular que.

Thank You
    Robert Greenawalt
    WEBRESELLER.NET

You'd think after 5 to 10 minutes of the server being unreachable, action would automatically be taken from the crew at webreseller. Why on earth would they need to be informed? Don't they monitor their own servers?

If the hard drive needed replacing, then that should have been completed asap.

26 hours later and still no resolution, gee - way to go webreseller.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    You'd think after 5 to 10 minutes of the server being unreachable, action would automatically be taken from the crew at webreseller. Why on earth would they need to be informed? Don't they monitor their own servers?

If the hard drive needed replacing, then that should have been completed asap.

26 hours later and still no resolution, gee - way to go webreseller.
    well it seems to have gotten fixed around 9am today so that puts it well over 30 hours

if it went down @ 9 2days ago thats 36 hours downtime i hopethey giving 100% refund as stated in thier sla because i have loads to hand out myself.

Originally posted by zdwebhosting

well it seems to have gotten fixed around 9am today so that puts it well over 30 hours

if it went down @ 9 2days ago thats 36 hours downtime i hopethey giving 100% refund as stated in thier sla because i have loads to hand out myself.
    A server being down for that long is nothing short of a disgrace. The fact that they didn't know about the problem for 20 hours+ is also disgraceful.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

yes I emailed billing around noon and did'nt hear back all day so hopefully tomorrow I will recieve a refund for the ammount that they just took out the same day the server was down only time will tell and lets just hope they do

Good luck on that refund. Hope yours goes better than mine.

Originally posted by Monte
    Good luck on that refund. Hope yours goes better than mine.
    LOL that dont sound to encouraging could you be more specific? what did they not refund you?

It boils down to they promised me a refund they said they processed it, the money has never showed in my account and 90 days later they refuse to aknowledge it or give me anything showing it was done other than we say it has been done, matter closed.

Anyway good luck and I hope they do you right. 36 hours is down is bad.

Originally posted by Monte
    It boils down to they promised me a refund they said they processed it, the money has never showed in my account and 90 days later they refuse to aknowledge it or give me anything showing it was done other than we say it has been done, matter closed.
    OUCH lol i sure hope that does'nt happen here or i be gone from there.

I want to take the time to clear up many issues at hand... (This is directed in many ways to all, but specifically to a VERY small group)

First, anytime a server goes down we take that very personally, we KNOW a lot of work goes into developing a business and we never want any customer to lose money, customers, or have a bad reputation. When a server dies we could very easily take the route of format and reload as many do, but we try to resolve the problem and see if we can save the hard work that has been put in.

2nd and by far the largest, these servers that are being purchased are for the most part semi-managed systems. This means we will reboot a system upon request and support is available to you during business hours and 24 hour emergency support. If you want monitors applied to your system then this would naturally be an additional cost. We will also help you with other items that come up. We have several hundred customers from WHT alone and I am quite confident that many will say how we have done things that go FAR beyond the scope of their support plan. For no more then a simple request by a customer we have changed control panels, installed scripts, and many other items at NO CHARGE.

We have other servers that are more managed, they include the following:

Monitors
    Unlimited IP's (ARIN Guidelines)
    Unlimited Support
    SCSI Drives
    Dual Processors
    Remote Reboot if Requested

In direct response to Aussies question about the monitoring, yes we have it in place; however, it is not applied to the semi-managed servers. If you are interested we would be more then happy to talk to you about it..

ZD - Do you think by posting just about everything we say on WHT is going to help a situation or anytime we call. Threatening to post our messages on WHT will also not get anything done faster. If you want everything to be public then let us know, we will be more then happy to send an inner-office memorandum to post all your replies on WHT. In regards to your credit, because we offer an SLA you WILL get a refund on that and deserve it (as did Monte). In addition, I know our top tech has gone out of the way for you many of times !, but you never mention that, only when something is wrong do you feel compelled to use the power of WHT. We are here to help you and want to see you grow your business....

Effective August 5th, there will be techs on duty after hours specifically for these semi-managed systems. The techs will be available from 9:00 PM - 5:00 AM Est.. This has been established to offer a little more support to the semi-managed system owners.

We are providing IBM servers which are one of the best types of servers on the market. These ARE NOT desktops and are genuine servers. Because of this we may charge a bit more, we may be less then others, however, the one thing we will always say is that we genuinely care about EVERY customer that is with us. We will never stop going out of the way...

In the very near future, we will be removing ALL $149.95 servers and these will only be made available to current customers. This will be an exclusive area that will allow below retail costs and most of the time free setups. (This includes all WHT current customers)

In closing, I would like to personally thank the many hundreds of WHT customers in particular that have been there with us, stood by us, and have been wonderful to deal with all the time... We know the Data Center move was a tough one, but as promised, it would be back to normal and soon much better.

Thank You
    WEBRESELLER.NET
    Last edited by webreseller; 07-30-2002 at 05:28 PM.

Originally posted by webreseller
    ZD - Do you think by posting just about everything we say on WHT is going to help a situation or anytime we call. Threatening to post our messages on WHT will also not get anything done faster. If you want everything to be public then let us know, we will be more then happy to send an inner-office memorandum to post all your replies on WHT.

OK, first off put yourself in my shoes, you say let you know #%#$ I cant for the life of me get you on the phone so how there? and i finally got some responce from Robert (thanks Robert) saying I would get a credit but I do not want a credit I was charged while my server was down so therefore I want a refund not a credit that will be apllied down the road but I want a refund that can be used NOW.

And I hav'nt posted much on what you've said here on WHT.

have a good day and i'ved waited 2 days to hear from billing and nothing yet?
    Last edited by Chicken; 07-30-2002 at 07:39 PM.

ZD - Robert sent you an email directly stating that this will be done. I will have a receipt sent to your email.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast