Nocster ... a headache

I'm signed up with Nocster.com.

After 1/2 a month of hosting, I was told that my account was taking up too much resources on the server, and that I would need to upgrade my server to a dedicated host.

I was told since my 1st month wasn't up, that my first month of virtual hosting would be charged toward my 1st month of dedicated hosting.

I ordered an upgrade to a dedicated host, with setup charges etc., worth about 200 dollars. I received an e-mail telling me my new dedicated host was up. But, my files weren't moved from my upgraded host to my dedicated host.

This has been going on for over two weeks now. I have opened maybe five support tickets, with lame responses that don't answer any questions. The bad part is that after a simple response, they are immediately closed, in which I have to open a whole new ticket. It seems like a recurring event.

I have received no receipt of what charges have appeared on my credit card. I have no idea how much they have charged me now.

The AIM screen name: BurstNET seems to ignore me now. The last time they did actually respond was when they told me to e-mail Billings, who never respond.

I have heard many, many good things about Nocster, which is why I went with them. I even gave them a lot of praise. But, of course there has to be an agitated customer every now and then, and I'm one of them.

This is pure frustration. I can't seem to contact anybody over there. I hope they do give me a refund for this dedicated host when I ask for it, seeing as how I didn't even get to access it.

Bad service, bad support, I can't wait until this is all resolved..

Ever thought of calling them!?

Originally posted by TimPD
    Ever thought of calling them!?
    My thoughts exactly... 1-877-BURSTNET is the phone number. Whenever one of my tickets gets lost in the system, I just give them a call and things get resolved.
    Jay » [email protected] • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Maybe they are having a difficult time understanding your request. No offense, but I am.

From what I read above; you say you have a virtual hosting account with them. It was too resource intensive, so they suggested dedicated and told you they would credit what you've already paid for virtual towards your new server. You agreed to the dedicated and they set it up and notified you.

Now is when you begin to lose me. And, trust me, that's really not that hard to do.

Were they supposed to move your files from the shared to the dedicated for you?

You have received no statement of charges assessed to your credit card. Why do you believe your credit charge was billed?

Now I just read your post again; and at the end you say you are not able to access your server. Is that what you're talking about? They didn't send you a letter detailing how to reach your server?

Just trying to understand, is all.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

It's a fairly confusing process, and yes I am confused myself.

I ordered a virtual hosting account, in which my account got suspended.

I was told to upgrade a dedicated host, in which I did.

Once my dedicated host was set up, I received information for logging in etc. The problem was, that my files from my virtual accout was never moved.

So at the moment, I have a dedicated host, and a virtual host.

I am told that the upgrade takes 24-48 hours, in which it has been a week since I actually upgraded my server.

I just received an invoice for my first month of Virtual hosting, as well as the coming second month (I guess they don't actually charge you for the first month until the end of it).

I have contacted support, in regards on what the status of my server is, as well as my charges. I ordered a dedicated host, but received no receipt through the internet telling how much I was being charged (ordering it online, it initially said 190 dollars, but I would like to know if my discount was still going to be in effect).

I have called them three times (including just now), with the "billings" area of the service down. I tried talking to the guy in the "sales" department, in which he told me to leave a message for billings. I planned to leave a detailed message with billings, until the end when they told me that their mailbox was filled.

My account is currently still on the virtual host, in the midst of moving to the dedicated host. When this will happen? I don't know.

I would like some closure on exactly what is going on, instead of having to wonder day to day. After two weeks, the stress and frustration have built up to a point where I'm ready to just leave the service altogether.

It's a confusing story, which in the end has left me with bad feelings toward nocster.com.

Yikes, really this would be enough for me to find another vendor.

It indeed sounds like a headache and if you are not willing to move maybe someone could help outside of this board?
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Originally posted by Futuredood

I have called them three times (including just now), with the "billings" area of the service down. I tried talking to the guy in the "sales" department, in which he told me to leave a message for billings. I planned to leave a detailed message with billings, until the end when they told me that their mailbox was filled.
    I believe their billing department is only available M-F from certain time to certain time - not sure.

Ring their support and ask someone when billing dept. is available.

If you have access to your dedicated server, but they havn't moved your stuff and still have you suspended. Contact support. I don't see what billing could do for this if they already gave you access to the new dedicated server.

Yes, its a matter of minutes, there is an option in WHM to transfer account from one server to another one. Just get the grep [grip] of administrator of the dedicated server where your virtual account exists and tell him to transfer your files to another server. It really takes hardly 1 minute.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

just wonder, are you using UBB on your site? If you still use that, good luck to you on any new hosting.

I'm using vbulletin. I just got a hold a guy on the phone under sales ( i forgot to get a name.. darn), but he told me that he would look into it and give me an e-mail. I'll update on the situation whether it turns out good or bad.

I'm still on a virtual host.

Originally posted by Bubble
    just wonder, are you using UBB on your site? If you still use that, good luck to you on any new hosting.
    usually, VB wouldn't cause that much of resource unless you have VERY huge forum.

I'm not following this (even after reading this entire thread for 5 good minutes): Is it really there job to transfer the files from your virtual hosting account to your dedicated server??? Also, I can't see, unless they knew you were a bonified system administrator, why they would ask you to get a dedicated server? I know their reason is that you were taking up too much resources, but still...administrating a dedicated server can be tough. It just seems that it you would be your job to transfer the files....Please fill me in.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

In whm there is an option to copy account from one server to another which only runs when you have root password of the server from which you are trying to copy files. Since he was the shared client, he must not be having the root password hence might be unable to transfer his files himself.

I guess that answers your query.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com