Thread: plesk sucks

plesk sucks

Yikes. Plesk sucks. I use CPanel on all my servers, but recently I needed a very cheap dedicated for one customer only. The server I went with comes with a single plesk license..

It sucks. Having used Cpanel, with it's nice graphical interface and icons for the domain control panel... compared to that I don't understand why ANYONE would use plesk.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Well there totally different.

From the admin perspective plesk blows away cpanel.

From the stability perspective plesk blows away cpanel.

Some people do not want the gui crap. I find it annoying, i would take plesk over cpanel.

My thoughts
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

I agree with JBIZ, I prefer Plesk due to many reasons, however since clients have their own opinions and needs, we also have to keep them in mind as well. Considering they are the ones who help pay the bills
    Regards,
    Brian P.
    Digital X Web[TM], LLC
    http://digitalxweb.net

I hate Plesk, I love cpanel. - Cpanel sells more. It's a done deal.
    Kevin L. - WiseOnline Solutions
    Under New Management
    AIM: WiseSupportKev

Cpanel sells more for whom.

In many ways plesk sells a ton
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

I find CPanel to much more usable and has more functionality. From the Plesk demo, it seems that it lacks quite a few options, which is why I prefer CPanel.
    Affordable Hosting Solutions
    CitadelHost.com

Always give a new cp a few weeks so you can get used to it.

My customers favorite is cPanel - but I use ensim and plesk to, they all do the job - just get some getting used to.

What ensim and plesk really lack is "Look and Feel" - and they do have a higher learning curve than they should - so just give them time.

I love Plesk and I think it will be even better when they release the new 'skinnable' version later in the year!

choosing a panel just because its graphical is as dumb as it gets. That is like choosing a computer because its got a cool case, yet for all you know it comes with a 2 meg hard drive and dos 1.0 as the os.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

!

I agree, davidb, Plesk has been great to us, as far as usability, features, then not to mention their support team. Another thing I must mention, 65% of my new signups or possible customers always ask me if I use Plesk comapred to the 15% that ask about CPanel, and the 1% that ask about ensim(Just in case you are thinking to yourself"why doesn't that add up to 100%" is because the rest don't even ask about a control panel). All in all it does everything I need without having to be cluttered up with some fancy design, which really would drag things down in a Secure(https://) environment anyway.

Re: plesk sucks

Originally posted by mrzippy
    Yikes. Plesk sucks. I use CPanel on all my servers, but recently I needed a very cheap dedicated for one customer only. The server I went with comes with a single plesk license..

It sucks. Having used Cpanel, with it's nice graphical interface and icons for the domain control panel... compared to that I don't understand why ANYONE would use plesk.
    Sounds like you're just not used to it. We use both. And they are both great in different ways.

Plesk doesn't suck. It's just different than cPanel. We have lots of people that prefer Plesk over cPanel. And, of course, the other way around.

From my side; it just doesn't matter much.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.