hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Software & Scripts Offers & Requests : Software & Scripts Requests : Need someone to stop my files from being hotlinked.

Forum Jump

Need someone to stop my files from being hotlinked.

Reply Post New Thread In Software & Scripts Requests Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Need someone to stop my files from being hotlinked.

Hello,
I have hired someone before and it didn't work out that well. I need someone to make some strengthy changes to the server, install some script to stop my files from being hotlinked.

I have already used the hotlink protection from within the cPanel and it doesn't work well.

I have a lot of mp3s on one server. I need to hire someone to allow only ONE WEBSITE (not the server one) to be able to download the mp3s, where as the rest of the websites should have the mp3 links redirect to a page I will specify.

The guy I hired before allowed my website and the server website to allow the mp3s to be downloaded, however, he also enabled direct requests which made the hotlinked websites traffic download the songs on the "save target as" option, although when they clicked on a hotlinked mp3, it got redirected to my homepage.

When I had him disable direct requests (the save target as option), it also disabled my other website's traffic to download music.

So basically, someone who can code something to allow only one website to download my files, on both clicking and the save target as option, and have any kind of requests from any other websites redirect to my homepage (both on clicking and save target as), please contact me through PM.

Payment $50 through paypal on quick service.

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Web Hosting Master

You have been contacted and I look forward in hearing back from you.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:30 PM

I can probably do this for you in PHP if you have shell access with vim and your server is linux.. Also I would have to see how your current code is setup.

PM if you are interested in talking about it.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

hi,

I can do the job. I am already an established provider from getafreelancer.com, please PM me with the details of your site, current code etc.

Also check your PM.

thx

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
The Pirate Bay Uploads Continue to Grow Despite Anti-Piracy Pressure Web Hosting News 2013-12-31 11:33:12
BitTorrent Sync Announces Platform Updates, 1M+ Users Web Hosting News 2013-11-06 13:36:26
Egnyte Synchronizes Google Drive with Private Cloud Storage Web Hosting News 2013-07-17 12:36:21
Malwarebytes Launches Data Scan-and-Backup Service Web Hosting News 2013-05-07 14:51:03
Court Documents Show Megaupload Helped Feds Take Down File Sharing Service NinjaVideo Web Hosting News 2012-11-21 10:53:49