hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : SEO / SEM Discussions : just submitted site to google but???

Forum Jump

just submitted site to google but???

Reply Post New Thread In SEO / SEM  Discussions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

just submitted site to google but???

just submitted my site but when i click on done a blank page came up so i tried again and same thing. have a actually submitted my site or not?? thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Web Hosting Master

What do you mean submitted your site to google? Do you mean adwords or just when you search for your site?

Old 09-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Webhosting Professional

Manually submitting your site to Google is never a good idea. The best way is to get backlinks from sites with a good pagerank and then getting BigG to crawl your site automatically. Tried and tested, it works better than manual submissions.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Disabled

It takes time to actually get into the Google DB, and propogate across it.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

The best way I've found to get your site into google is to first sign up for the webmaster tools at google. Then you can add your site to your webmaster tools and google will generate an identifier that you can upload to your website directory. Once uploaded, just wait for the crawl and check back using the webmaster tools and you can see when your site was added to google.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
What do you mean submitted your site to google? Do you mean adwords or just when you search for your site?
I think he means that when he clicks to submit his site, instead of getting a thanks for your submission or whatever, a blank page is displayed instead.

This has been going on for months. What Google did to muck it up is beyond me, however the problem is only present with ms explorer. Firefox does not exhibit this problem.

They've also had problems with their webmaster tools login all weekend. Some weird security warning that no matter how many times you click OK, will not dissapear, so you need to hit NO. Great... Now you can't complete your login.

Sigh..

D.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:38 PM

Yeah I just submitted my a site a couple days ago with Firefox, and it worked fine. But I agree with the others that it is much easier to get backlinks and wait for the crawler to get you.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:57 PM
WHT Addict

This means you are only a big list , to be indexed , nothing else.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Web Hosting Master

OK, I have also heard that submitting is not a good idea... especially since it doesn't even seem to work now....

Ideally, make sure to get an incoming link from some reputable site and Google will use that trail to find you.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyoxHosting View Post
Manually submitting your site to Google is never a good idea. The best way is to get backlinks from sites with a good pagerank and then getting BigG to crawl your site automatically. Tried and tested, it works better than manual submissions.
I have heard about web crawlers.

Can you recommend a source of info where you can learn these web traffic increasing techniques, like a book, or an online article?

Old 09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadabrahma View Post
OK, I have also heard that submitting is not a good idea... especially since it doesn't even seem to work now....

Ideally, make sure to get an incoming link from some reputable site and Google will use that trail to find you.
How much do you pay for such a link, please, and where do you find a good spot to place it?

Old 09-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Big fan of RajiniKanth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyoxHosting View Post
Actually i do not recommend this to all.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:51 PM
WHT Addict

The best way to get in the index is to signup for Webmaster Tools....Plain and simple. If you want to rank well have good content and quality incoming links and you will be a happy person - Easier said than done though

Old 09-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

If it didn't go through its not the end of the world as if you build some backlinks your site will be crawled automatically by the Googlebot

Old 09-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biju View Post
Actually i do not recommend this to all.
Sign up for adsense, the adsense bot and googlebots will visit within a few days.

Last edited by Annex; 09-10-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Google Announces General Availability of Cloud Endpoints, Updates Mobile Backend Starter Web Hosting News 2013-11-11 12:14:49
Google Offers 15GB of Free Storage Across Cloud Services Web Hosting News 2013-05-13 15:00:03
Spammy Hosting Clients Won't Affect Your Site Ranking: Google Blog 2013-04-10 13:36:07
Google Begins Construction on $150 Million Data Center in Chile Web Hosting News 2013-01-02 09:36:24
Google Expected to Launch IaaS at I/O Developers Conference this Week Web Hosting News 2012-06-28 14:38:03