serverbeach>????

How is serverbeach's service compared to rackshack?
    Is it reliable enough to run a hosting biz off of just for start up?

I have seen some post about bad experiences there, esp getting them to reply to you in a timely manner.

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...ht=serverbeach
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

??

So would rackshack be a better alternative then server beach?

I can't say because I am not with Serverbeach.

I am with Rachshack and things have been pretty good.

I would do a search on serverbeach and RS and see what others are saying.
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

We have used both rackshack and tried to use SB and thus far RS have been marginally better. SB were totally unprofessional in they way they dealt with us, but then unfortunatley i don't have many nice things to say about RS after a nasty server error which they flat out refused to even help us with. In my experience both have really bad response times to support requests.

I always prefer the underdog, they try harder. Serverbeach is my pick between the 2.
    Web Hosting since 1999

I can not say anything about server beach, but it is not suggested to use rackshack because

1.siftware is not managed. surely, this is your own business.
    2. hardware is not managed...dangerously, your luck is everything after you buy a server from there.

do a search and you will find some sad stories and why I said so.
    Also, their "bandwidth" cover "upload" and "download"

price at rackshack is good for perosnal use only, if you run a company there, you will lose everything.

you may find some companies like NocXX or fastXX.. which has similar monthly but higher setup they are worhy of taking a look

Serverbeach fixes problems which are caused by themselves

Rackshack does not immediately if at all

(ie hardware problems)

Serverbeach have poor customerservice (not enough staff)

Rackshack does not (but the quality of service is poor)

I would not trust either to run a web hosting business.

Oh, the serverbeach network is far more superior than that of rackshack.

Far more superior?

Which networks are you talking about? They are using Bell lines aren't they? It's not the greatest bandwidth of all time if you ask me.

Yet, if you get on a network like colo4dallas.com where it's all Level3, that's nice.
    Thanks,

Cline Communications, Corp.
    [email protected]

Rackshack's network isn't redundant. Furthermore, it is not secure (garbage trucks can take out half their network) and we have been seeing alot of problems of late

Originally posted by hosticle
    Rackshack's network isn't redundant. Furthermore, it is not secure (garbage trucks can take out half their network) and we have been seeing alot of problems of late

Couldn't garbage trucks take out most other networks...

Rackshack's network isn't redundant? Give me a break, they sell a lot of capacity (which in their bargain basement stance, is a necessity, and is totally reasonable), but whats not redundant about their network? They have multiple lines, multiple routes in, sure if you knock out 1/2 of ANYONES network, theres gonna be serious issues.

BTW, a loaded garbage truck can take out most buildings, not to mention simple networks (a loaded garbage truck hitting a support pillar could lead to some serious problems). If you mean a garbage truck hitting a hydro pole carrying the fiber, what do you think server beach has? Wireless? .

Isn't redundant with so many connections ? May be you are speaking about an individual rack inside their DC which has not redundant connetions to their routers

I like SB more then RS... personnal experience on both... the worst was RS. SB has been good to me with server realted problems support.

Been a customer for 3 month have no complaint to give out. we have our admin taking care of the server. Let SB take care of the connection. btw no down time reported so far in the 3 months.

Make your choice =]
    PierreB - Montreal

Originally posted by vannaco
    I like SB more then RS... personnal experience on both... the worst was RS. SB has been good to me with server realted problems support.

Been a customer for 3 month have no complaint to give out. we have our admin taking care of the server. Let SB take care of the connection. btw no down time reported so far in the 3 months.

Make your choice =]
    are you sure? i have seen people say that it takes 5+ hours to reboot a server at SB

rs doesnt do that.

RS has too much server problems... NIC/CPU break for no reasons... I got a server from them 1 week later the NIC broke... took them 4 days to change, the server shutdown for no reason and won't come back online...took them 12 hours to get it back online. it so I decided to change the server provider.

Why would you need SB for a reboot? You can do that from the server and from the panel...

Maybe you mean a full shut down =]
    PierreB - Montreal

Originally posted by vannaco
    RS has too much server problems... NIC/CPU break for no reasons... I got a server from them 1 weke later the NIC broke... took them 4 days to change it so I decided to change the server provider.

Why would you need SB for a reboot? You can do that from the server and from the panel...

Maybe you mean a full shut down =]
    4 days to fix it? wow, that's funny. never took me that long.
    how does a nic "break" ??

Did it just CRACK open or what?

Besides, with SB, I wasn't talking about me anyways. There are plenty of reasons why someone would need a reboot from the provider. Don't think that /sbin/reboot is always the answer.

Well I haven't got any problem with them. (SB)

Ask them why or how a NIC breaks? That's the official answer I got from RS.
    PierreB - Montreal

Dont mistake me.. I really dont understand why you are debating as if they are the only providers.

Pwebtech has an outstanding offer in the dedicated specials ..

300$ set up, 125$ / mo - 300 GB nac.net transfer !!! Made my eyes roll!

If I can see a better deal than that I will be surprised.
    Offering Managed Servers - for an exclusive clientèle who value uptime, caring support and superior technology.

Originally posted by porcupine
    Rackshack's network isn't redundant? Give me a break, they sell a lot of capacity (which in their bargain basement stance, is a necessity, and is totally reasonable), but whats not redundant about their network? They have multiple lines, multiple routes in, sure if you knock out 1/2 of ANYONES network, theres gonna be serious issues.

BTW, a loaded garbage truck can take out most buildings, not to mention simple networks (a loaded garbage truck hitting a support pillar could lead to some serious problems). If you mean a garbage truck hitting a hydro pole carrying the fiber, what do you think server beach has? Wireless? .
    If I'm not mistaked rackshack has a single juniper M20. If that router breaks their entire service dies, that is not redundant. But I could be mistaken.