American Express Bank.

Hi,

I have got to know that we actually have American Express Bank in my city, I was just wondering, if I go up to them and ask for a american bank account so that I can have paypal?

would they allow me setup a paypal account and have a american bank account? is there anyway that can led me have the american bank account? money is not really a problem, we have got many cousins in US as well.

Please help me.

Thank you.

regards,
    Zafar Ahmed
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Good, thing you posted this question here, I am sure the people there would have no idea
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
    Good, thing you posted this question here, I am sure the people there would have no idea
    I am sorry I did not get you. The people where? I am not doing anything illegal though.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

Zafar,

you don't live in the US to sign the card and give the ID. Therefore no you can not get a US account.

Quote Originally Posted by (Stephen) View Post
    Zafar,

you don't live in the US to sign the card and give the ID. Therefore no you can not get a US account.

I know a big company who has accounts in US but use their paypal account in Pakistan for transaction, they have been doing this for 3 years without a problem.

Please clarify now. Thank you
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

I think what he's referring to is that even if the bank does business in both your country and the U.S. your address is going to put you outside and you won't be able to do business as though you are American. There are strict rules governing that kind of thing.

I think what most companies do is establish a footprint in the U.S. which then allows them to do business in both places. Course that' not feasible for normal people.

the only other option would be to bank through someone you know here. But that would be dishonest and I'm sure there's laws covering that.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

I am actually going to American Express tomorrow to talk about it with them and let's see.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

Partially what I mean is since the Patriot Act you have to sign up in person unless it is a business, then you have to have at least one executive director there in person. Even then they will not allow someone not in person in the US to be a signer(authorizer) on the account without coming to the back in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed View Post
    I am actually going to American Express tomorrow to talk about it with them and let's see.
    They are not going to give it to you. You have to live in US to get a US bank account. But you could try get a bank account in a European country. Plus big America banks are thieves.

You may have an easier time with an EU bank and I believe some with presences in certain countries you can get a paypal account.