Simplehost -changing nameservers

hello...need a little help. I have a domain name with simplehost and have created a website using bigblackbag for my artwork. I added a redirect through simplehost's cPanel so that when you go to my domain name it directs you to the bigblackbag site. Someone at Bigblackbag has created a stats page for me and I have all of the information to log on and see my stats.

Here is the problem....Simplehost has refused to change the nameservers for me to bigblackbag's info so that they can start tracking my stats for me. Bigblackbag has given me the nameservers information and told me to tell simplehost to change them. Simplehost says that if they change the info for me then I will essentially be going around them and ultimately refused to do it for me. When I go to my cPanel to try to do it myself, I can't figure out what to click on to do it..I can't figure it out.

I don't care WHO hosts the darn stuff...I just want to be able to use the control panel and page I have created through bigblackbag and use my original domain name I have which is my name.com....I don't want to have to come up with some secondary domain name when I only want the one I've paid for through 09' or so. Please let me know your opinion about what to do.

I contacted bigblackbag and asked that they take all of it over (domain hosting)etc., and they said only if I secured a new one on my own or get one through them. I didn't want to do that...I just want what I have to work correctly.

Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing or of an efficient way to do it.

Tips are hugely appreciated and a step by step to do list (in layman's terms) would be even better!!

Monique

I would check with your registrar for your domain name see if they can setup customer nameservers based on yoru domain name, or if they offer nameserver management on their end (most do)

Then use your registrars nameservers to point to any IP address you want for your domain names. As long as the server your are pointing to has your domain name configured to host, you are set.

That is the best option - do it yourself, dont rely on others to screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfcomp View Post
    I would check with your registrar for your domain name see if they can setup customer nameservers based on yoru domain name, or if they offer nameserver management on their end (most do)

Then use your registrars nameservers to point to any IP address you want for your domain names. As long as the server your are pointing to has your domain name configured to host, you are set.

That is the best option - do it yourself, dont rely on others to screw it up.
    I think I tried that...Simplehost is my domain name registrar...and I did ask them to change the nameservers...that's when they told me that they wouldn't do it because then I would essentially not be using them at all...they actually refused to do it for me and I can't find how to do it myself through the control panel. That's my dilema!

You are the owner of the domain at registrar right? Dont you have registrar domain control panel?
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

Quote Originally Posted by david510 View Post
    You are the owner of the domain at registrar right? Dont you have registrar domain control panel?
    yes, I own the domain name. registrar is SimpleHost...they do have a control panel but I have clicked on nearly everything there and knowing very little about any of it, I saw nowhere that I could put the new nameservers. Is there another name or something, some sort of other topic or keyword or anything that I could be looking for that I'm just missing? dns, nameserver...I looked for any of this..can't find anything on it. As I said, I know enough about this topic to be dangerous and mess something up, that's why I'm practically begging for help. I have tools available to me that I can not use until I get this issue straightened out. All I can view is how many hits a month I'm getting. There is a lot more information about my web page viewers that is available to me if I can point the nameserver in the right direction.

I THINK I figured this out on my own...thanks for your responses...but my persistence was gettting the best of me and I decided to "park" the stats domain address on my domain name and I think I got it right....we'll find out after midnight if my stats finally start registering!!

Does this look right? this is the message my "parking" rendered:

Parked Domain Maintenance

Parked Domain Additions

Using nameservers with the following IPs: 64.251.8.6,75.127.67.179 Bind reconfiguring on cs14 using rndc
    Created DNS entry for stats.bigblackbag.net
    stats.bigblackbag.net was successfully parked on top of moniquemcfarland.com

Yes, the domain has been successfully parked over.
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android