hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : Rebel.com Portfolio Manager

Forum Jump

Rebel.com Portfolio Manager

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 02:40 AM
Web Hosting Master

Rebel.com Portfolio Manager

We've had a few discussions about portfolio managers here. Well, I signed up at Rebel.com to review their portfolio manager.

You can manage both Rebel.com registered domains as well as domains at other registers. It reports the registrar, expiry date, and dns url. You can have multiple portfolios. Here's a screenshot attached.

Domain registrations are .com $8.25, .net $6.50, .org $2.15 until 12/31, .info $8.

Anyone got any comments about Rebel.com? I've not used them yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rebel.png
Views:	107
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	11591  

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Web Hosting Master

I have 2 Very bad references for them, and the first thjing they ask u is for your credit card, with that referrences, no thanks.

1 Rebel.com was a pioneer "registerflyesque" registrar.... i have not the registers at hand but i remember well a HUGE problem some years ago.

2 i note some strange things about a friend with his domain stolen by rebel and now parked with them. Nobody with a premium valuable domain NOW stay with them .

For other parte they are now associated with poll in catch and release (http://www.pool.com/help/faq.aspx) adn some wierd "icann registrar direct access level" via myrebel.com ...

And in domain blog in domaintools say some very weirdness:

http://blog.domaintools.com/tags/rebel-domain/

Too weirdness for me.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Web Hosting Master

i seek in internet the problem i remember ( i am SURE about that ) and look as wiped.

Reason ?

Rebel.com was purchased by pool and namescout ( as a ICANN registrar ) Maybe with the recent launch of myrebel.com they want a semiclear past.

http://www.icann.nl/meetings/lisbon/...ng-25mar07.htm

If i find the references of problem i put later, but bad vibes in my heart about that.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Web Hosting Master

OK, Licantropo. I put it out there because we've talked about Portfolio Managers in the past. I don't see any harm in managing non-rebel domains with Rebel. They can't do any harm with that. I don't really have a problem with their whois server being down or the fact they are part of momentus.ca group. Actually they could be seen as advantages. I think their hype about their portfolio manager exceeds the reality, but then all marketing is BS anyway. I thought it was a good first step.

Last edited by stub; 09-03-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Web Hosting Master

I agree with you. But i dont want put My Credit card For register BEFORE do nothing. If they changed dtaht in the last 2 months, i sign too.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Web Hosting Master

TBH, I registered a while ago, but did nothing because domains were $8.25 for .com. So i don't really remember whether they insisted on the credit card or not.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:13 PM
working on it

Credit card info is not required to be submitted for creating an account. You can add or delete the credit card at My Account > Preferences > Manage Credit Card

Old 09-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Web Hosting Master

Thanks i enter in the night with a debit card near to expires, and if is a recent change, i write my apologies

Old 09-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Web Hosting Master

Well, apologies. They ASK for credit card but can continue without that...

The RPM dont see bad, BUT is difficult add one domain , you need switch between 2 screens and not see very efficient. The update date delay around 12 hours... I put a domain in transfer process right now, i tell if they detect or not.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
IBM Closes Acquisition of Virtualization Management Firm CSL International Web Hosting News 2013-09-03 09:40:54
Alert Logic Releases New Version of Security and Compliance Solution Web Hosting News 2013-02-19 15:55:16
Web Host ControlCircle Names Sales Director, Sees 50 Percent Growth Web Hosting News 2012-11-22 10:58:59
HP Names Vice President and Managing Director for MEMA Web Hosting News 2012-10-11 11:38:00
Security Firm Alert Logic Launches Managed Web Application Firewall Service Web Hosting News 2012-08-07 15:17:57