Network analysis

Hello,

I am looking for a simple program to analyse my network and give me some information about a TCP/UDP attack. I would like to know only the attacker IPs and the destination IPs.

I have a server running with two NICs, one to access and the other one logging the traffic in promiscous mode.

I am running the program "ntop" but I couldnt identify an attack when it was on going.

Anyone have any advice ?
    The Cloud Platform for Bare Metal
    Instant Deployment of High-Performance Bare Metal Servers in 15 cities globally
    Latitude.sh (Formerly Maxihost)

Here is a simple code that helps you to find the number of connections to port 80 from a particular IP.

Code:
    netstat -plan|grep :80|awk {'print $5'}|cut -d: -f 1|sort|uniq -c|sort -nk 1
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

Snort IDS

(10 character min)

Quote Originally Posted by david510 View Post
    Here is a simple code that helps you to find the number of connections to port 80 from a particular IP.

Code:
    netstat -plan|grep :80|awk {'print $5'}|cut -d: -f 1|sort|uniq -c|sort -nk 1
    In addition you can use the following to see how many connections per IP for the entire machine.

Code:
    netstat -anp |grep 'tcp\|udp' | awk '{print $5}' | cut -d: -f1 | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
    Dymestry Interactive | Australian Co-Location - Dymestry.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers And Co-Location (Sydney & Melbourne)