Thread: Horde mail IMAP

Horde mail IMAP

I'm having trouble with horde it is giving me the following error:

Auth_imap: Required IMAP extension not found.

Now I pretty much know why that error is coming up I'm missing the IMAP module. What I don't understand is if it was their before why is it gone now. The last thing I did on the server was upgrade Pearl.

I would like to get rid of this error but I'm afraid the only solutions will wipe my current setup. If of course their is a way to fix this error without ruining my current setup that would be a lot more useful

The main thing I want to do is retrieve an address book from the horde server. How would I go about finding where the address book is stored through the command line.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Hello jmauricio,

You just need to install the php-imap package, if you are using CentOS type:

yum install php-imap

And your problem will be solved.

As for accesing the address book in a Horde installation, you have to know how this information was stored. Horde have several options on its backend, it could be MySQL, LDAP, etc. The most popular option is MySQL, if this is tha case, then look on the horde/config/conf.php file for this lines:

$conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'your_host';
    $conf['sql']['username'] = 'your_username';
    $conf['sql']['password'] = 'your_password';
    $conf['sql']['database'] = 'your_db';

and you'll have the data to get into the database.

Regards,

Leo

Aw thank you so much man you saved my butt at work.

actually yum install php-imap does not work. I'm guessing I need to add a repository I'm not sure which would be a good one for PHP I'll google it but if you know one off the top of your head that would be great.

I found out whats going on now someone set up YUM not to install any PHP packages and HTTPD packages. Will installing these packages affect my current configuration. I have a server running and it can't go down.
    Last edited by jmauricio; 09-02-2007 at 07:51 AM.