Page 1 of 33 123411 ... LastLast

Jatol.com totally down [MERGED]

I have several websites hosted by Jatol.com. I've been with them for several years with no major problems.

Today all of my websites are down, and even the Jatol.com site seems to be down. I tried calling and got an "out of service" message. I found another number in various places and tried that, and the message machine sounds like an old lady. I left a message.

I can't find any announcements or news regarding Jatol going out of business or anybody else reporting outages. And I have run across a few other sites that say they are hosted by Jatol that come up fine for me.

Does anybody have any information re: Jatol being down or gone? I'm hoping this is just a couple of servers down, but it's really freaking me out that I can't get a hold of them either. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

Jatol.com totally down?!!! [MERGED]

I'm a current customer of Jatol. Is it just me, or is their entire system completely down? No help, no main jatol.com page -- all dead. All of my sites are down, including cpanel access. Anyone have a phone number to call these guys? Getting no response from any emails sent to support.
      0 Not allowed!

Yep, down over here too...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PWRKen View Post
    Yep, down over here too...
    Any clue as to what to do? I'm at a total loss here.
      0 Not allowed!

http://whois.domaintools.com/jatol.com

you can make a call to their number given there.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post

you can make a call to their number given there.
    None of those numbers work. They are all either disconnected or wrong.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not able to find any information either. Their main site seems down, searching in google only yields subpages which are also down. Does anyone have any other information on this?
      0 Not allowed!

I'm having the same problem. This is the first thing I've seen from anybody else. I searched for news to see if they had gone out of business or something, but can't find anything. I did, however, find several sites that claim to be hosted by Jatol that came right up.

So, I'm hoping against hope that it's just a couple of servers majorly down, including the one that hosts their own site. If not, I am so screwed.
      0 Not allowed!

I had a look at some of the sites that claim to be hosted by jatol and that seems to be true... Those sites are really resolving to servers that have jatol in the hostname and they are using their nameservers.

This appears to be a partial outage. I.e. they may have servers in different datacenters and servers in one datacenters can not be reached for whatever reason. It could just be one of their servers breaking down or the datacenter may have suspended access to the server for an AUP violation etc. etc. That are just assumptions though.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just an outage and not armageddon.
      0 Not allowed!

Down for me as well. How long have they been down for?
      0 Not allowed!

My site at Jatol on Aethelwulf is running now, after a few hours down. However, neither jatol.com nor its forum are online.

The sky is falling???? Sheesh, I hope not.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, their site was down last night, but mine wasn't. All of them have been down since I got to work at 8:00 am this morning (it's 3:44 pm here now).
      0 Not allowed!

Sure would be nice if they'd find a way to drop us a note to let us know they are working on it and hadn't just left the country or something. Surely there must be a way!
      0 Not allowed!

Jatol's always been this way lol.. If I can find my friend (Who knows the people in Scottsbluff nebraska that run the joint) I'll tell him to give them a ring and see whats up

Cheers
    Tyler - Your friendly Ex-Jatol customer..(They still haven't refunded my money yet..)
      0 Not allowed!

This would be better at the Network Outages forum. Moved.
      0 Not allowed!

I thought it might be helpful to some others to provide a little background on my experience with this particular situation.

I host about 7 sites on Jatol.com, on their "vespasian" server.

Just prior to the downtime, I reported to Jatol.com that several of our sites, which are a mixture of Drupal-based and static web sites, had had pages modified with hacker-style code and spam HTML. The sites are mainly the static HTML ones, with no scripts in their directories. Some of the site files that were modified were in places that no casual web user would have known they even existed (deeply buried template files in Drupal, for example).

What's more, the only connection between these sites is they run on the same server -- i.e., same IP address because Jatol uses the domain name to determine which site to serve up. Their domains are entirely different, their content is entirely different, and there are no links between them. I am a reseller for Jatol so even the user accounts are different, and filesystem permissions different for each account.

This led me to believe that these hacks were occuring on the filesystem via root access rather than simple web site hacking through script vulnerabilities. One site was completely static pages, so that rules out script hacking.

I reported these problems, and Jatol tech support asked me for which user accounts needed to be restored and blamed us for probably putting insecure scripts in the webs. About 3 hours later (evening before last), the Jatol site went down. The next morning (yesterday), our sites all went down at once.

Sounds to me like Jatol wasn't paying attention and got royally hacked. What's infurating is the lack of comms about all this.
      0 Not allowed!

Jatol is still down. Dead. Kaput.

I have moved my schtuff to knownhost.

I can forgive Jatol for having server failures. However, Jatol folks know that many of their clients hang out here at WHT -- they should have at least given us some sort of status report.

It's sad to see yet another used-to-be-great host go down the tube (evidently).
      0 Not allowed!

Stapler, any luck finding your friend that can get in touch with Jatol?
      0 Not allowed!

Just called their corporate registered agent... J.H. Calvert (270) 295-4829

No one was available but at least I was able to leave a message.. If I get a call back with any information about Jatol whether they are having server problems or have gone out of business I'll make sure to post them on this forum.
      0 Not allowed!

Down here too on vesp2. I have a friend using jatol (don't know which server) whose site is still up.

My site & jatol.com have been down since at least 11am EDT, 8/31. I can't believe it's been this long with no resolution and no update.

Jatol's been plenty flaky in the past, but this is the worst I've experienced. I've been willing to overlook the brief outages for the otherwise excellent service, but this may make me reconsider.
      0 Not allowed!

Another day has passed...
    Anybody have any news on this?
    I have sites on 3 of jatols servers. Two servers are up and running, but the third has been down for 2 days (vespasian2).
    I have tried everything to contact jatol, including trying to contact fastservers, where their servers are located, but (not unexpectedly) they could not tell me anything.
    Anybody out there have better luck? Im getting really worried.
      0 Not allowed!

I've had no luck, but I won't give up
      0 Not allowed!

Well, my sites are all down (vespasian2), client sites on Bridget (I think) are up.

OK
      0 Not allowed!

Angry This is unreal

I can't BELIEVE that jatol has been down this long, with no attempt to contact its customers with some kind of a status update. I am losing money by the minute that my Web sites are down, and during a holiday weekend even.

I have been more and more disappointed with Jatol's service, which has been on a steady decline over the past year or so, but this is unbelievable. I'm so frustrated that I could scream!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 33 123411 ... LastLast