Running Server From Home

I want to host my own sites and I want 24/7 access to my server so if I brought one how would I host it from home?

Exactly like hosting it in a data center, except possibly slower with more limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingSecurity View Post
    I want to host my own sites and I want 24/7 access to my server so if I brought one how would I host it from home?
    You should have a very good internet connection. Should setup DNS server, Webserver, mail server and ftp server. Also should have a good power backup.
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

Quote Originally Posted by LookingSecurity View Post
    Many colocation facilities will allow you 24/7 access to your server(s). I think you should look into colocating.

Quote Originally Posted by david510 View Post
    You should have a very good internet connection.
    true, should be on 1:1 ratio, the same download & upload speed to server, most of broadband/ADSL is 1:50 or even worst 1:75, practically your server will be very slow.

Many collocation facilities will allow you 24/7 access to your server(s).
    I think the best option to have own server.

Should setup DNS server, Webserver, mail server and ftp server. Also should have a good power backup.
    all this services you can setup by installing the Unix/Linux os.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

You bought a server then posted on how to run it at home? Don't go gun shopping please

That aside if you're really set on hosting at home (I would highly suggest colo as mentioned above), take a look here:

http://dslwebserver.com/
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com