in reselling, who handles tech support?

do most companies like mchost handle it for u?

No....the point of reselling is that someone like MCHost gives you a discount on hosting space because YOU provide the support to them.
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

oh...gotcha

so if somethings wrong....the customer asks the reseller and hten the reseller asks the hoster

90% of trouble tickets are things like I forgot my password, how do I access my control panel. Simple things but they take time, you as a reseller are expected to answer those questions and go to the hoster when it is things that have to do with the server.

Most host support the reseller the reseller supports their customers.

cool. thanks for clearing that up

Yeah its true for most of the cases except for the bunch of Weirdos from Sterlet.net and Donhost.

If you really need help from these Support people then you seriously have to pray.
    btw do you believe in God? if not that time you will as that is the only last resort

I agree there may be some more of this type out there, but luckily not with other providers i've experienced with.

Anyway welcome to the team!

LL mk123 is salty.... 22 post's and I bet they all flamng DonHost!!!!!!

EZSnake, you're not far wrong on that assumption! I clicked the search button beneat his post and found 22 posts, most of which were saying negative things about Donhost and Sterlet.
    http://www.stodge.net
    http://pixellent.stodge.net - Pixellent Interactive

It depends on the type of reseller plan you want. Most resellers do their own tech support, but you can also find a reseller plan that does your tech support, and allows you to just focus on the marketing aspect.

While some feel that asking for tech support is asking for someone else to do all the work, I don't think that's the case. There are pros and cons to providing your own tech support.

Remember, though, that if you allow someone else to provide tech support to your customers that you don't know what kind of tech support they are getting, and you could lose customers from bad tech support. OTOH, the tech support could be better than what you would give. It's just something you have to weigh and decide for yourself.

Salty yeah.. why not? when ditched by the Donhost and Sterlet.net when you want support. So mean is their replies, sometimes you feel you did something wrong in asking.

Anyway good for experience, as without it i could not have appreciated the Support of Voxtreme.