libnss-ldap and host resolution

I end up working on about 5-6 different desktops regularly. I shorthand most of my servers in /etc/hosts so rather than typing www13.domain.com I shorthand it to www13. So rather than try to maintain each of these 5-6 hosts db's (and rather than setting up something more elaborate), I decided to take one of my personal ldap servers, added ou=Hosts,dc=domain,dc=com, and set it up as an ipHost objectclass (with the machine name being the cn, and the IP being ipHostNumber). I then installed libnss-ldap and the ldap client on my machine, editing /etc/ldap.conf by adding the base and uri, /etc/libnss-ldap.conf adding the base, ldap_version, uri, and setting nss_base_hosts to ou=Hosts,dc=domain,dc=com. I then edited /etc/nsswitch.conf and set my hosts: record to include ldap at the end.

When I do getent hosts, the hosts are listed as they should be (ip machinename). However, when I try to ping or resolve any of the machine names, it fails.

To kinda post what I mean.

getent hosts|grep testldap
    24.62.234.23 testldap
    ping testldap
    ping: unknown host testldap

Anybody have any ideas on what I missed?

Since getent is showing fine, it should work normally. Only the IP 24.62.234.23 is having the issue?
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

nah, all of 'em were having issues.

I actually got it working, although truth be told I'm not sure what I did. I turned on my workstation one morning and the ldap hosts were pinging. Go figure.

Ahh, seems there was something hidden
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android