Connecting remotely to win2003 server?

Hello.

I have a problem connecting to my win2003 server from my work. The thing is that everything is turned off. I dont have administration rights. The remote connection in win xp doesnt work, telnet also dont work. Im behind proxy, all ports are closed. Is there any way, to install software on my server or smth else, so somehow i could connecti to my server remotely? I need to be able to connect to gui interface or maybe just be able to start programs, which crashed.

Any help would be great!

well the easyies would be if you installed some remote control panel that you can administrate entire server with donnu anyone right now but i know there is some out there.
    The thing is you need to install it on server so you have to get home first and then you can use it on work donnu anyway to go around hmm...
    There could be away if you changed Remote desktop to port 443 and thats mostly open since it is SSL.

Thanks for some info. It would be nice if someone could give name of programs i could install

Apart from the Windows 2003 internal Remote access, which you say doesnot work, you can try TightVNC which is free or Timbuktu or PCAnywhere which are not free.

But if the ports are blocked there isn't an easy way to do it. Are you sure that port is NAT'd back to your server?
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

Well, i also thought about vnc, but since ports are closed at my job, so i dont think this will work

EDIT:
    But if the ports are blocked there isn't an easy way to do it. Are you sure that port is NAT'd back to your server?
    Well, everything at my work is setuped threw proxy. If i turn it off, internet doesnt work. Its a big ISP company here, so they block mostly everything. Just 80, 443 ports work as i know. One thing that works here is http and skype
    Last edited by bl4ckh4tas; 08-30-2007 at 02:15 AM.

well try VNC on port 443 then.
    Could solve the problem but not sure.
    if you have a router or firewall at home you can have the opening ports on 443 and portforward it to RDP port hehe.
    Not sure if this will work but i think it should .

Quote Originally Posted by NeiSep View Post
    well try VNC on port 443 then.
    Could solve the problem but not sure.
    if you have a router or firewall at home you can have the opening ports on 443 and portforward it to RDP port hehe.
    Not sure if this will work but i think it should .
    Will try today after work install vnc on my server. The thing is that i tried to tunnel threw my shell, but putty doesnt work. Ssh port is blocked too

Well, the thing with vnc doesnt work Well, maybe there is a web based program, which works like remote desktop? I mean like i could connect to it by http://ip:443/smth/ ? I use utorrent webgui, so i can connect to it by ipadress:446/gui/ and can manage torrents. So i thought maybe there is something same like this so i could connect and see my desktop of server and manage it?

logmein.com will do this, but if you dont have administrator, it won't work.

I dont have administration rights.
    Do you mean on the machine in question or the network at work?

If you don't have sufficient rights on the machine then nothing is going to work unless the administrator permits it.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce View Post
    Do you mean on the machine in question or the network at work?

If you don't have sufficient rights on the machine then nothing is going to work unless the administrator permits it.

I dont have administrator rights at work. On server i can do everything

Thanks stephen for the link, will try to check it

Thank you all for helping me to solve my problem! You guys helped me very much, especially want to thank (Stephen) for great link and now i can connect to my server from work

Thanks again for great help.