recompile Apache error

i tried recompile Apache to install
    --curl
    --curl ssl
    --mcrypt

by running /scripts/easyapache

then i get the error below. Can anyone help me out? i really dont know what todo here.

Checking Update System........Your operating system's rpm update method (yum) was not able to locate the glibc package. This is an indication of an improper set up. You must correct this error before you can proceed.
    Please correct the conflicts and try again!
    initfpsuexec: using apache 1.x support

Is this a new box or new cpanel install by chance?
    Normally we get that on every new install, do a cpanel update (/scripts/upcp --force) and do a reboot. Then fire away, should be sorted.
    Richard - Aventure United Kingdom
    Managed Servers, Email Marketing, CPanel Shared/Reseller Accounts
    http://www.aventurehost.com - http://www.twitter.com/aventure

Quote Originally Posted by AventureRichard View Post
    Is this a new box or new cpanel install by chance?
    Normally we get that on every new install, do a cpanel update (/scripts/upcp --force) and do a reboot. Then fire away, should be sorted.
    i just tried that an got the same error.

Try:

touch /var/cpanel/useyum
    Richard - Aventure United Kingdom
    Managed Servers, Email Marketing, CPanel Shared/Reseller Accounts
    http://www.aventurehost.com - http://www.twitter.com/aventure

these options are from PHP. are you sure you talking about apache? I can't see how apache can be compiled with curl or mcrypt, but PHP can.
    so maybe read some manual?

He is using the CPanel configuration. When you rebuild Apache it will rebuild the modules + php depending on what options he checks.

I would revert back to the original config and try again. This is why I dislike CPanel
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

Quote Originally Posted by AventureRichard View Post
    Try:

touch /var/cpanel/useyum
    nope that didnt work either. same error.

i tried to do this from inside cpanel and got the same error. i just dont get it. im too new at being a server admin. and as of now not a very good one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by haleyhosting_com View Post
    Checking Update System........Your operating system's rpm update method (yum) was not able to locate the glibc package. This is an indication of an improper set up. You must correct this error before you can proceed.
    Please correct the conflicts and try again!
    initfpsuexec: using apache 1.x support
    Is YUM installed and working on your server? This error also appears when YUM is either not installed or not working properly on the server.
    When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".

i just got this from cpanel support

1) Yum is not installed correctly, i attempted to remove it using "rpm -e yum" but the old RPM install will not remove.

I downloaded the correct version to /opt/yum-2.6.1-0.fc5.noarch.rpm

You will need to re-install Yum to get it working correctly.

That means I was right that YUM is causing the problem. Have you tried forcefully installing the YUM again?

rpm -Uvh --force /opt/yum-2.6.1-0.fc5.noarch.rpm
    When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".

so now my question is how would i remove the old RPM?

Quote Originally Posted by WebScHoLaR View Post
    That means I was right that YUM is causing the problem. Have you tried forcefully installing the YUM again?

rpm -Uvh --force /opt/yum-2.6.1-0.fc5.noarch.rpm
    [root@xxxxxx ~]# rpm -Uvh --force /opt/yum-2.6.1-0.fc5.noarch.rpm
    Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
    1:yum ########################################### [100%]
    [root@xxxxxxx ~]#

im guessing this means the forcefull install was good?

So.

When easyapache runs, cpanel runs a "yum info glibc" to ensure that both glibc is installed and yum is working correctly. It greps out the "installed" from the output of this script. What's happening here is that it's failing probably due to yum not working do to bad mirrors or a misconfiguration on some level, if you run "yum info glibc" it should let you know where the problem is exactly.

You can bypass this check by running `export SKIP_UPDATE_CHECK="1"` before running easyapache and it will not run "yum info glibc".

Id like to thank everyone that tried to help me. I contacted cPanel and the reply is below. I have to say cPanel has excellent support

Dear Customer,
    Easyapache does a check for the glibc package by running "yum info
    glibc" which will ensure that both yum is working and glibc is installed.
    yum was not working on this server due to several dead atrpms mirrors in it's
    configuration. On top of that /var/tmp was mounted in correctly, I remounted
    with /scripts/securetmp and now yum is working correctly. Easyapache was able
    to run, however I have not run a compile yet as I'm not sure about all the
    options you want compiled into PHP, please attempt to run easyapache and do a
    compile. If you have any trouble, I will be more than glad to assist you.