Thread: WHT popup ads?!

WHT popup ads?!

man it popped up like 10 times tonight and i kept closing it. now i want it to pop up so i can see which company it was again and it wont come up anymore.

Anyways, not only does it rudely pop up, it has sound! Some people do listen to music on their computers

I don't think it is from this site. Either another, or a program installed on your computer (possibly unbeknownst to you).
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Use Adaware to scan for spyware (like Gator ):

http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10...ml?tag=lst-0-2

Yeah... that sounds like the type of thing that Kazaa and other similar programs will install on your computer. I've never seen a popup ad on WHT (and hopefully never will )
    Jay » jay@frontdrive.com • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Just for the record, I think I have received a few pop-ups just after rackshack took over. I am pretty sure about my PC cleaning skill, so it seems that they came from webhostingtalk.com. At the time, I thought headsurfer was experimenting with pop-ups' performance.

Peter

Same here!

Maybe headsurfer is interested in pop up advertising?

The only reason i thought it was from here was 1.) it always happened after i reloaded the main page (or any sub pages i think..) and 2.) it was about hosting and 3.) it didn't happen if i didnt have wht open.

I dont think i have any of those ad things.. but I'm not sure. it was on "my" computer at work

Originally posted by FDrive
    Yeah... that sounds like the type of thing that Kazaa and other similar programs will install on your computer. I've never seen a popup ad on WHT (and hopefully never will )
    don't have any of those programs installed

http://www.free.surfer.tc/

The only program that didn't "hinder" my surfing.
    Jason

I haven't noticed any but then most of them time I run with the "Allow doccuments to create windows" box unchecked. Popups are bad for everyone but the site owner. And they are sometimes pretty good for the site owner :-D ( CPM wise )

We have never run pop ups on WHT nor would we. If you got pop ups, you got them from another site.

This issue is black and white, no maybes here.

NO POPUPS. EVER!
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

headsurfer,
    What fo you think about http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...threadid=62313 ???

I have checked it from 3 different locations/computers.
    When i visit WHT in Opera, i see 3-5 reloads of EACH PAGE first ... oh.... i can only see 3-5 advetizing first. Then page is loading correctly/ What is a problem? You can check it - just look at server logs (you know my IP)

All other VB sites are ok/
    Alex

Popups???

That's why I have POP UP KILLER. No popup will - pop up - unless I Ctrl + Click.

Works great and I recommend you get Pop Up Killer.

H2 - It was moved to the new server using the exact same code, apache, php, etc.. I just tried opera on one of our stations and it works fine there, we have a linux station loaded up with opera and it works fine on there as well.

Hi

Any software/programs already installed in your PC such as "GATOR, Netbios, valueclick, doubleclick" will keep popping those ads when you are connected to the Internet.

With ZoneAlarm it acts as a firewall and it will warn you(a small window will pop up) if some programs is trying to get into or out of your PC and you have the option to allow/dis-allow it.

Url: http://www.zonelabs.com/

After installalation, restart your PC and watch those ZoneAlarm pop ups and you will be amazed at how many programs are trying to get in/out of your PC when you are connected to the Internet.

Those programs already installed to the infected files in your PC, there's nothing you can do about it as it attach itself to some files (dll) and removing the files will only cause some often used links(favorites) being inaccessable.

Using Ad-aware to locate all those suspected files is good where you are aware what programs have already infected your PC.

BUT be warned when using Ad-aware, DON'T ever CHECK those files and move it to the IgnoreList, if you do that, then most of your links in favorites won't work and most probably some of your programs installed in your PC. Just be careful when using Ad-aware.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

WebDev,

Yes, now everything is fine, but i/m not crazy .... i hope
    Alex

H2 - Not calling you crazy at all !! *preps the little white jacket*

But seriously, didnt change anything between then and now.

If you often download free programs/scripts/others and don't have ZoneAlarm installed in your PC, read below:

CME II Client Application is an online advertising software program. CME II Client Application became resident on your computer most likely as the result of a download. Many programs bundle advertising spyware into their product installer to in order to achieve some measure of revenue. This is one method of offsetting the costs of developing free software distributed on the Internet. The purpose of CME II Client Application is to collect online usage statistics and transmit them to a home PC.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!