problems using my nameservers for JP and IO domains

Hi

I registred with ENOM a IO and a JP Domain and tried to enter my nameservers which are correct configured. I always use them for other com, net, org, info and biz domains which I registred with ENOM.

But for the JP and the IO Domains, ENOM is not accepting my nameservers and I get the following error message:

For the IO Domain:
    nRRPResponseCode 507
    Nameserver ns1.mynameserver.com cannot be registered
    Errors may be due to changes that may take 1 hour to 4 days to take effect at the
    registry.
    For the JP Domain:
    Updating nameservers failed. Please try again.531
    I contacted ENOM and got the following responce:

This error message usually indicates that the name server is not registered in the appropriate zone. Please contact the sponsoring registrar of mynameserver.com and request that they add the out-of-zone records for the name servers to be used in the .IO zone.
    But what does this mean? Do I need to configure my nameservers different for IO or JP domains? Or do I need to register my nameservers somewhere for this domains?

I hope someone can help me here.

Thanks
    Michael

Re:

Dear CoolMike,

Based on ENOM Reply, I think they want you to create DNS Zone File for your IO and JP domain on your DNS Server.

Best Regards.
    Tom F - VCA-WM, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, CISSO, CPTE, OSCP, RHCE, RHCT
    Maxim Support - Hosting Solutions & Server Management
    Email : tom@maximsupport.com
    Web : http://www.maximsupport.com

Hi

Thanks, but the dns zone files for this two domains are correct created.

I can also test them with "dig @ns1.mynameserver.com domain.io" and it works correct.

Any other idea what enom could mean?

Michael

This error message usually indicates that the name server is not registered in the appropriate zone. Please contact the sponsoring registrar of mynameserver.com and request that they add the out-of-zone records for the name servers to be used in the .IO zone.
    So mynameserver.com is not registered through enom but some other registrar? Have you tried contacting them as instructed?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

That's correct, mynameservers.com is actually a CH domain and is registred with the Domain registrar in Switzerland. There the nameservers are registred and also in use with many other domains. How should I register them now for JP or IO Domains? I don't think this need to be done at the swiss registry, right?

According to your enom quote it needs to be done by the registrar. I doubt that it matters where they're located...
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

does anybody have JP or IO Domains registred with enom and can tell me how to do this?

Michael