Is there a cell phone that....

Is there a cell phone that....

1) Acts a personal pocket pc with outlook, excel, word, contacts, task, appointments, camara, video?
    2) Has a built in modem so you can get a internet connection wirelessly by having your laptop in the proximity of your cell phone?
    3) Has a touch screen?

If so what provider has this?

most any windows mobile phone does this?

Can you recommend any of them?

I use the Treo700w (now 700wx) that does all of that.

1. It has outlook, excel, word, contacts, task, appointments (syncs with exhange) It has a camera and video capability (pretty poor though IMHO)

2. If I connect via bluetooth to my notebook it sees the Treo as a network connection (modem) and I can use the phones data connection to "surf" on the notebook. Note however using bluetooth does run down the battery more quickly so if I needed the data connection for any length of time I would use the USB data cable.

3. It has a touch screen, not like the I-Phone though, the Treo has a keyboard for entering text and thus a much smaller square screen.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Any other recommendations

Where do you live and what carrier to do you want use?

I want to use AT&T, I heard the iphone has a lot of features but I'm not sure if it does this.

TREO 700WX - although I had it and did not like it. If you are willing to let go of the touch screen feature (which isnt that good with the TREO) get a Blackberry 8800..The blackberry is amazing
    IPOWERWEB, My Web Hosting Provider for OVER Four Years - IPOWERWEB

curve > 8800 IMO

Quote Originally Posted by SEOKing View Post
    TREO 700WX - although I had it and did not like it. If you are willing to let go of the touch screen feature (which isnt that good with the TREO) get a Blackberry 8800..The blackberry is amazing
    My treo touch screen works fine...

I would think the windows mobile version of the Treo would be your best bet if you are looking for a windows based hand held.
    Matt Armour
    OpenReaction

Most PDA phone load with windows OS have all these features. As for touch screen..you got your pointer come along with your PDA phone.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

What is the difference between like the iphone and the blackberry 8800?

The iphone doesn't have the "watered-down internet" I believe is what their commercials say.

You can also rotate it

You can purchase a pcmcia card for you laptop with most providers (I know Sprint/AT&T) so you can receive wireless internet on your laptop through their towers. Of course, this will require the internet plan on both carriers which costs $40+ a month ontop of your phone bill, but if you want the iPhone you will need to have this anyways.