Post Choosing registrar if cost is of no concern

Which domain registrar would you recommend if I do not mind paying a premium?

Thanks.

http://www.directnic.com
    http://www.000domains.com

I've had great experiences with the both. I recently asked for comments about 000domains.com, many had positive feedback, so I went ahead and registered a couple of domains with them. Very satisfied with their level of service.

These two don't seem to be ICANN-accredited registrars according to this page:

http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html

That means they are resellers, correct? Is it better to register with one of the acrcredited registrars or does it not matter?

Also, I've heard a lot of good things about NameCheap on this forum. Is it wise to go with NC or directly with eNom?

Thanks.

EDIT: My bad, they are both on the page; I didn't search carefully.
    Last edited by T-DoG; 07-26-2002 at 04:00 PM.

www.pairnic.com

Run by Pair.com, a highly reputable hosting firm. 18$ if memory serves, all my domains are managed by them.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

A number of ICANN accredited registrars have a model where they sell either entirely or principally through resellers.

Tucows/OpenSRS is one of those. Don't let the fact that a registrar only sells through resellers scare you away.

Your question on who is the best is, of course, entirely subjective, and dependant on what you are looking for in a domain registrar. Without criteria to narrow your selection, you are going to have everyone who has ever registered a domain recommending their registrar...

Good luck separating the wheat from the chaf. Many of the recommendations that you will see will also have "don't ever use them" comments in either this forum or others.

This is one of the most often asked, and toughest to answer questions on domain names.

To more directly address your follow up note, 000domains.com is an ICANN accredited registrar, however that is a recent development. They are also an OpenSRS reseller, and it's through that affiliation that they have built their business and reputation. I'd say as an ICANN registrar, they are still mostly untested.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

http://www.dotster.com/

Relatively cheap ($15/yr), and very responsive support.
    Jay » [email protected] • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Sorry, you are right. This question is very subjective. However, unlike many similar threads I've seen in this forum, finding a registrar with cheap prices is not a concern for me (I'm not looking to save a few dollars a year).

There are just so many different registrars/resellers to choose from, and each have die-hard customers who swear by them. Perhaps most of these registrars would do fine for me.

directNIC and NameCheap seem to have very satisfied customers at WHT...

I've paid from $8 to $35/year for domain registration. I'm with DirectNIC and NameCheap as well. NameCheap is $8.88, DirectNIC is $14.95. I get DNS services with NameCheap since they're an eNom reseller, I don't get DNS services with DirectNIC.

If DirectNIC is worth 80% extra cost, I can't figure out why.

I'm satisfied with DirectNic because of their domain control panel and great support. I've never been with NameCheap, it was my one sales question that took them 2 days to respond which drove me away. Of course, I'm sure they're not always like that, as many people have said great things about them.

Price wasn't much of an issue for me either, so I just went for it.
    Last edited by Synthetic; 07-26-2002 at 04:56 PM.

Go with an enom reseller. You'll get a good price, an accredited registrar (enom) and an easy to use control panel to manage your domain.

Well I emailed directNIC and NameCheap support. directNIC answered in 10 minutes and NameCheap answered in 20. Impressive!

If DirectNIC is worth 80% extra cost, I can't figure out why.
    One reason might be that directNIC is a ICANN-accredited registrar while NameCheap is a reseller? Maybe it's a misconception, but I feel a bit more comfortable dealing with a registrar than a reseller.

I bet either directNIC, Dotster, or NameCheap be fine for my needs, but I'm just going to go ahead with directNIC. What the heck, things can't go too wrong, I hope.

Good choice. I'm sure you won't be disapponted there.

Hope everything works out fine.

if price were no object, i would still deal with enom.

Enom is the best ICANN accredited registrar, and one of the cheapest. You get an excellent control panel, dns services, e-mail forwarding, domain parking, etc. There is absolutely no reason to choose a "more expensive" registrar. You won't get more.
    Founder of TradeHolding.com B2B Network and OneLoveNet.com Singles & Dating
    >> Business Blog
    >> Business Links Directory

Itsyourdomain.com
    You get a turnkey system and they mail you checks every month for the domians you sell.