Request for Quote - COMPLETE web hosting site

Looking to develop and start a new web hosting site.
    Therefore looking for a web designer / integrator for the project.

Main point : Need to create a site which is EASY to maintain....

Information about the project :
    (a) Web Pages Needed
    - Home
    - About Us
    - Contact Us
    - Domain Registration
    - Terms and Conditions
    - AUP
    - Hosting Plan Pricing & Features

(b) Will be purchasing phpManager - so the project requires integration with this as well - for payment via PayPal & 2CheckOut - need integration for manual payment via money order etc

(c) Need to integrate a whois script onto the domain registration page and then a link to a domain registration partner for domain name registration

The web designer will need to create all the graphics / design / html code / logos / banners etc.

Upon completion of project, the web designer must hand in all source files / psd files / gifs / jbgs / html etc.

I'm willing to pay a deposit before commencement of work .. maybe in the region of 10%, 20% etc ... and willing to discuss about methods of payment and payment schedule.

Price of project : ????? Web Designer to quote

I do not have a fixed budget as I feel that web design / quality cannot be measured by $$$ - as such, all designers quoting on this project will have to reply to this thread with the following :

(a) A breakdown of the total cost

(b) What you are offering

(c) Preferred payment schedule
    Example : 20% deposit then 30% at 1/2 way stage and remaining 50% upon completion etc...

(d) Links to completed WEB HOSTING SITES in your portfolio

PS - Do not PM me. If your quote or portfolio cannot be viewed by others, then do not bother to quote me.

PPS - I reserve the right not to award this project to anyone here. This is a request for a quote - not a competition

Hello,

This is a quote that I can provide for the project you detailed.

Web Site Design ......... $250
    Slicing/html/css ........... $25
    phpManager................ $50
    Script Programming .... $50
    Script Installation ....... $25
    ----------------------------------
    Total ........................... $400 (£253)

The standard service I provide to all web hosts is what I can offer to you:

- Original PSD's (for future modifications)
    - 7 Pages (Home, About Us, Contact Us, Domain Registration, Terms and Conditions, AUP, Hosting Plan Pricing & Features)
    - 1 Additional blank page
    - CSS Files (for easy updating of site appearance)
    - Customization of PHP manager (and installation if needed)
    - Banner Adverts (upto 5)
    - Content Writing (if you do not already have content written out)
    - In house built scripts will be installed so the site can be modified dynamically from the browser window.

------------------------------

I prefer you to pay once the project is complete (i.e. before I send the files/upload to client's server). I do not take % deposits upfront, because I like to keep things simple. At all stages of development I will keep clients updated of progress with screen grabs of the site in development. In the rare occasion of the client attempting "to rip off the designer" by not agreeing to make the payment, I will recoup my losses by selling the design as a template to someone else (the design will have cost me nothing, other than time).

------------------------------

I have designed and completed two hosting sites in the past. Details of which listed below (they've both used PHPManager):

>> Poznet.com (http://www.poznet.com) - I designed the site, integrated a whois script, programmed the contact forms, customized the phpmanager, designed ad banners and wrote most of the content. I did the whole project in THREE DAYS.

Their testimonial - Your service has been excellent. Very responsive, friendly and approachable. Things get done very fast and of the highest quality. My whole site was done in just 72 hours !

>> MaxHosting.co.uk (http://www.maxhosting.co.uk) - I designed the site and wrote content. I made an interface for their in-house developed control panel and customized PHP manager. Since then Maxhosting has made slight changes to their site (recoded an alternative to PHPmanager - the reason for the fact their service still hasn't launched).

Their testimonial - I needed something attractive, yet simple. You provided everything I needed and more. I was amazed by the speed at which everything progressed and look forward to working with you on many future projects. I've worked with many designers, you've been the best, totally co-operative and very friendly.

you can view other projects I have undertaken and other information about my design work at :
    http://www.entertainmentdaily.net/portfolio/

If this quote isn't to your satisfaction, i wish you the best in finding something that matches your needs.

My info:

Everything you say i would quote $399(negotiable)

Scripting: I would seemlessly integrate the scripts you provide into the layout. eg i could incorporate something like this into the main framework of the layout: http://www.chrisblack.co.uk/cgi-bin/good/whois.cgi

What you would get:

ALL PSD files, html files for up to 6 extra pages + template(extra pages $20 each)

HTML files with CSS

Installation of scripts you require(within reason)

Banners/buttons etc.(5)

...Basically the whole site made for you.

Payment schedule: 20% up-front, 60% payed before coding, rest payed on completion.

Examples of my designs:

http://phision.com/******** <-- finished but host decided to do a runner

http://phision.com/myfasthost <-- finished but not coded... got several offers

http://phision.com/myrack <-- again, finished but not coded

http://phision.com/echophase.jpg <-- custom design currently being developed for a client.
    Last edited by Odd Fact; 05-26-2004 at 11:19 AM.
    Gone.

As inquired by ohmygod , our price quote is as follows:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DASHINTERACTIVE price quote for “ohmygod” – hosting website.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may subtract flash and advertising if you see fit.
    Subtract that elements cost from the total for your new total.

Details of elements:

Logo design - $250
    We will design a logo to best suit your hosting business. This logo will be optimized for use on the web and with your printing needs.

Site graphics -$500
    We will design every graphical element of your website in this process. The site will be fast loading, clean, professional, and easy to use.

PhpManager - $50
    This is the phpManager requested by you. Straight $50 fee direct from phpmanager vendor. We will install and customize it for you.

Flash design - $500
    There will be a flash introduction that will be added to the site as a front-end enhancement to the end user. This flash will excite and entice the user to look further into the site as well as continue to return. This flash element will be the “WoW” factor for the user and convey the concept and the ideologies of your hosting company. The approximate development and completion time for the flash intro section would take 3 business days. This would incorporate motion graphics, text and an audio background track (audio is custom designed ). The introduction without any user intervention would then proceed to the html/php version of the site. Added functionality will be incorporated into the intro that would give the user the ability to bypass or “skip intro” and proceed directly to the html/flash site. In the future there, if at the your request, would be a fully “flash” or interactive site constructed with a general splash screen allowing the end user to choose a standard HTML/PHP version or enhanced flash version. Flash will be used as accent points within the html/php framework to provide enhanced user interface. These elements will be subtle and refined, yet add to the overall user experience.

Advertising -$500
    In this process we will develop all your advertising graphics. We will include 5 banner ad’s (3 static, 2 animated) and a 1 page ( 8 ½” x 11” ) advertisement.

Code $450
    In this process we will code your website in PHP. We will use optimal techniques to insure the most user interaction. Your viewers will be able to easily navigate your website and you or your staff will be able to easily update content. Our coding will also optimize search engines to find your website. The coding technologies will be cross browser compatible i.e. PC Netscape and Internet Explorer as well as Mac Netscape and Internet Explorer. This is an essential part of the overall design and insures an increased end-user retention ratio. Cognitive Engineering must take place in order to provide concise information outlet for you and the end user.

Total - $2,250

We will provide you with a unique, clean, professional website that will catch viewers attention and encourage them to read on and learn more about your company. Our process and techniques will capture the users attention and keep it during their visit. Your site will convey to your viewers that your hosting solution is in fact the best hosting solution for them. We will always back up our work and offer premium client support. We can be contacted 24/7 for questions and comments. We will also give you free minor changes for 1 year. Any major changes will be assessed with a per instance fee. During the process you will be supplied a user name and password to log into our website and view/comment on all of your files and any work we have started. All original files will be handed over on final payment.

We have several options for our clients in the term of payments. Here are the options you may opt to use as your payment schedule:

.: 50% on startup / 50% on completion and client sign-off (signs the contract stating everything is how they want it) :.

.: 30% on startup / 20% before coding phase begins / 50% on completion and client sign-off.

If neither of those two options fit into your budget needs, we can work with you closely to develop a payment schedule to suit your needs. You can take as long as you need to complete the payments, however, all payments need to be made before the site can be deployed live on the web.

As previously discussed with you, here are the promised links:

One of our designers portfolio websites : http://www.level3i.com
    Our website (unfinished due to client needs, will be completed later this year.) http://www.dashinteractive.net

Please note, the majority of our work is on offline projects. These offline projects include consulting, software design (for in stores or anything else), graphic design, 2d/3d art and animation, advertising design (flyers/banners/billboards/tv ads, etc etc), business cards, letterheads, media design (cd-rom presentations, cd-rom business cards), interactive displays, product concept design, training, and custom built computers and servers.

The big name companies we have worked with are Nokia , Sony , The Discovery Channel , Target , Jeep , Clear Channel Communications , Hewlett-Packard , and more.

(continued)

Stages of Development

Concept
    Dash interactive will provide several conceptual (comps) for client approval and or, refinement. This process will include several renderings that will be in color, yet non-functional. This process should be completed within 5 business days. Communication will take place via phone, email and, or fax. Dash Interactive will setup a secure location for all online reviews of comps and site changes.

Refinement
    Dash Interactive will take all of the clients different comments, ideas and suggestions pertaining to the look and feel. Which will then be combined into one or two final renderings. These renderings will then be placed for review by the client. After that point the renderings will be cut up and placed within the HTML or PHP code.

Development
    By this time all of the images have been prepared and are ready to be embedded within coding. The development and functionality is very critical at this point in time, thus a greater amount of attention must take place to insure functionality is meeting clients criteria. In the conceptual stage the site functionality and information architecture would have been designed, laid out and fully review by the client. This process is critical in insuring that all of the technical specifications layed forth by the client are ahearded to and are being met. Once this is completed it will be placed for client review. At this time there can be items added, subtracted and or substituted within reason. This will be at the clients discretion, if the client chooses to make a great deal of charges away from the overall signed-off comp or scope of work document additional charges will be added and the overall timeframe for project completion will have to be adjusted.

Deployment
    The site will remain in a secure area and will go through a QA testing period to insure proper operation. This in NO WAY means that the client has or can take possession or claim right of ownership of any coding, imagery, processes, functionality or anything pertaining to the design and, or construction and design . of the clients online presence. If the client wishes to add any further functionality to the site at this time it will have to be discussed as to the extent of the proposed idea and functionality. Any additional MAJOR site changes or redesign would incur additional charges for anything beyond the original scope of this document. Once all of the functionality issues if any have been properly dispatched and final payment has been received then the site will be handed over to the client and deployed live to the public.

Maintenance
    Any ongoing changes should be handled either by an internal qualified developer, or another person at the direction of Dash Interactive. For the first year , all minor changes are performed free of charge. Any major changes , the fee will be assessed on a case-by-case scenario.

Pricing
    The pricing of the Flash introduction, redesign and information architecture of your hosting website will be $2250. This pricing is contingent upon the client accepting the specified works and that the pricing is subject to change based upon any additional requirements and, or functionality that is requested by the client after contracts are signed.

The funds will be paid in the payment schedule we discussed with you. Once final payment has been rendered then final delivery of all of the content and code will be delivered to the client on a cd that has been produced.

Project overruns due to circumstances beyond Dash Interactives’ control will not be billed to the client. The client will not hold Dash Interactive or any of its officers or executives responsible for any acts of “force mejure”

Dash Interactive and its officers and, or executives reserve the right to use the design and and url of the website for marketing purposes. This might be, but is not limited to interactive marketing cd, web site, print material, flyers or any other means for Dash Interactive to market its services and products.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us.

Ryan Masten
    CEO
    ryan@dashinteractive.net

Hello,
    Please contact me at tim[at]paradise-designs.net and I can offer you a great deal on one of our websites...

Hi Ryan..

Thank you for your quote.

For others which may think that Ryan's quote and portfolio does not really seem to meet all my requirements .... well, he asked me for permission to reply to this thread and based on that alone, I think Ryan has wonderful work / business ethics and that deserves recognition.

Quotes from Fazel3, Phision.Com and DoobyWho will be taken into consideration.

Tim - I would appreciate if you could place your quote here instead. Thank you.

Hello,
    Do you wish for me to send you an email with the information. I prefer the quote to stay more private.

"PS - Do not PM me. If your quote or portfolio cannot be viewed by others, then do not bother to quote me. "
    Gone.

Originally posted by phision.com
    "PS - Do not PM me. If your quote or portfolio cannot be viewed by others, then do not bother to quote me. "

Hello,

Portfolio: http://ftoro.sessionmedia.com

-Complete Web Design: $250.00
    -Code Integration: $200.00
    ------------------------------------------
    $450.00

Skills:

- e-Commerce
    - Photoshop
    - QuarkXpress
    - Corel Draw
    - Dreamweaver
    - MS Frontpage
    - VC/ VB/ Java/C#
    - Flash
    - 3D Studio Max
    - Imageready
    - ASP/ PHP/CFML
    - WML/WML Script
    - Wireless Applications

- Software Development
    - HTML, DHTML CSS,JavaScript
    - MS Access/ SQL Server /Oracle
    - Director
    - Maya
    - Photo Retouching
    - Winows/ LINUX/ PPC

Hope on doing business with you soon,
    -Franz Toro

Quote for a Complete Web Hosting Site

---------------------------------------
    (a) Breakdown of total cost

Graphical Elements - $400 - This includes all graphical work for the site. Will be done mostly in Photoshop.

Promotion - $100 - Includes banners, both wide and tower, and buttons that are used for advertising.

Coding - $300 - Integration of phpManager and other scripts into website.

Total : $800

Full and complete web site design and coding. All work is done with a certain level of professionalism to ensure quality work that not only looks good but is also functional. The quote above includes ALL HTML page and graphics required to deliver a first-rate website.

-----------------------------------------

20% deposit for our security and to start the work process.
    40% when graphical design process is completed and screenshots and progress is verified.
    40% is the final payment required before complete work and copyright is transferred.

(d) Portfolio

Porfolio can be reached here.

Thank you for reading,
    James

Just let us know who you choose, even if its not one of us.

Yep, it would be nice if you could inform us. This thread has probably brought out some of the best freelance designers on WHT, hopefully the quality of work displayed here is good enough to merit one of us being given the job.

I forgot to mention. Our price includes a custom designed business card:

1000 cards
    Full color
    Gloss Print
    Double Sided
    Full color bleed