new burstband site launched. comments welcome

What do you guys think of the new look of burstband? ( http://www.burstband.net )

Suggestions? Anything?

Thanks.
    Sean Bailey
    http://www.burstband.net

Looks nice... seems like many sites are having this type of look nowadays.

I suggest that you change the cell padding/spacing on the "company news" table.

I agree with Synthetic the text needs to be padded a bit more in that cell. The site looks good overall -- good job.

Overall it looks clean and inviting.
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Great looking site. You just need to make adjustments to the left column under company news. The text is butted up against the left border....

just noticed it's also butted up against the right border too.

Besides it being a rip?
    dotGig

Hrm, looks like Santec recently re-designed their site, and BurstBand ripped it.

Care to explain?

Recently?

Santec has had that site for months.. hahaha what a joke
    dotGig

I wouldnt really call it a rip.....it doesnt look like any images were taken.....just layout inspiration........and it looks like that inspiration for the santec site was obtained from Pixelbrick......

there are plenty of sites that look just like this.........
    --

Yes, each pixel isn't the same hahaha

Sickens me to see this and it broadsworded with, it was inspired, no offence 21, and not directed at you ok?, these rippers have way too many advocates
    dotGig

We will change the cellpadding.

Nothing was 'ripped' however. Alot of sites do look similiar to this. Not just santec. I could list a couple sites that look like ours. But i guarantee santec/pixelbrick was not the first. With all the designs anymore, nothing will really be very original. We also don't care for our site to be super original. Just nice and clean looking. We told the designer what sites we liked, and he gathered inspiration from those sites. Just like most designers. To say this is a rip.. That's where the joke is. Nothing was taken. Just an idea, that has been passed around dozens of websites.

Anywho. I'm sure I could point out who some of your sites look like. But it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the constructive opinion on the cellpadding. That does need changed!
    Sean Bailey

You could list a couple sites that look like yours?

Please don't keep us in suspense, also I posted comments, and from your original post you were looking for just that, so post away where you think my sites look even a fraction as close to how much of a design inspired rip your site is.

The argument that "Well everyone is doing it" doesn't wash with this old sod =)
    dotGig

lol. well, hostrocket for one. santec. Hmm santec santec santec. I don't want to debate this anymore. It's not worth my time to be arguing for the sake of confrontation. Which you seem to want. I will just say one last thing. Would you be saying the site is such a rip if it didn't have that single little news and specials tab/folder thing on the left side of the screen? The navigation looks nothing alike except for, ooo.. a gradient. along with the top, and bottom bars. The logos are nothing alike (I like burstband's better, *smile*) along with the main content area. Not even close to similar. So come on. Give it a rest. I just hate having to take part in a debate as ridiculous as this one. So. I won't anymore.
    Sean Bailey

[runonretort]So my points are less valid than yours because you are stating a falsehood about my sites in defense of what a complete "Over inspired hahhaah" site you have there because, again let's recant the logic "Well everyone is doing it", so you deem my comments to be rediculous and surely the only reason I am posting at all is because I want to be confrontation only, no actually ya need some sense beat into ya, and all the other highly inspired well everyone is doing it, and well the industry is so saturated, and well its ok cause I can do it and you can't do anything types of attitude?[/runonretort - grammar and spelling modules not installed]

From your subject "Comments welcome"

Apparently they aren't if you deem them to only be confrontational, no actually people need to open their eyes to this crap and not tolerate it.
    dotGig

lol! Quick Robin! To the forum below, there site looks like sitepoint. We must combat the evil!
    Sean Bailey

Originally posted by Samuel
    www.santec.com
    Lighten up, it isn't *that* similar.

Yea. He wouldnt be saying that if it wasnt for the little tab/folder on the side. The sites, other then that, really don't look hardly anything alike. Ohwell
    Sean Bailey

Originally posted by Samuel
    Yes, each pixel isn't the same hahaha

Sickens me to see this and it broadsworded with, it was inspired, no offence 21, and not directed at you ok?, these rippers have way too many advocates
    There is a resemblance, but the two sites are that much alike. The table structure is the same, but none of the images are the same. There are way too many sites that have this same look, you may want to reconsider your rude comments.

My comments were rude? They were factual, I was going to not post anymore in this thread, but I will show you how much alike these two sites later today when I have time.
    dotGig

Ummh, okay.

umm. people can open two windows and look at the sites bud. If your looking for anything that may have been copied.. You won't find anything. I wouldn't steal someones html or images.. Anywho. I like the site. Other people seem to to. That's all I was looking for. I hope Samuel, you can just drop this. I am sure that we don't both want to continue on with this ridiculous argument. Can we just call it quits?
    Sean Bailey

In the end, I think what will really matter is what the owners of each site thinks.

I was going to answer to this but as of yet you haven't taken the time yourself seanb to provide what you've stated you could I'm out of it.

Those that think the sites look nothing like each other, well all right haahhah
    dotGig

As soon as I saw it, I thought Santec. Just some elements, nothing too bad at all though really.

To be honest, I think one of your older designs was nicer, the bright-green and purple or something site. Could you PM me a link to it, just want to see it again.
    Andrew Walenczykiewicz
    StyleMy.com

okey its really not that similiar. You can't call it a rip unless u copy some elements of it...ie pictures. There are so many sites that look like that. Besides there is absolutly nothing wrong with looking at another site and formatting yours the same way. Long as you don't copy the images and text ...ect. EVERY web designer has at one point or another seen sites they like and modeled their sites after someone elses....nothing wrong with that.... Think about how many sites copied amazons tab style....now every single online store is practically like that....i think u need to chill out and stop harrasing this guy....

btw its a very nice design...kind of boxy but its clean and simple. The naviagtion buttons are nice!

Hey NetXL, You mean probably either burstband.net/old or burstband.net/old2 - I think the newer design looks better then both myself though.

JHcashman, thanks for your comments. Appreciate it. I'm glad you like the navigation buttons. That's my faivorite part of the site!
    Sean Bailey

lol
    Sean Bailey