Question Gold Files has been redone...

Thank you again, to those of you who reviewed my site last time. I still consider my self a rookie, I still use Front Page 2000, and I still have the same site ( http://www.goldfiles.com ).

I have fixed it up a bit, according to all of your suggestions. I hope it isn't an eyesore like it was earlier.

Please post some tips, comments, and any erros you see in our site.

(You may have to refresh your browser if you have reviewed goldfiles before)

Thanks in advance.
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

it still looked very messy......

why dont you start from scratch......
    develop a site and layout plan......
    properly structure your content.....etc....
    --

Ahhh, so much to comment on so little time....

Well to start off, you have no real organization to your site. As Mr. 21 said you prolly wanna start over, reorg, etc...

The is no reason your links should be like that, rows of links are confusing to users. Try to stick to one row, no need for big buttons if you aren't gonna do mouseovers. Also try not to color your links different from one another, when you have links different colors, users assume that the different colored ones are ones they have visited already. Your nav bar is one of the most important aspect to a site, it needs to be well organized and structured.

Once you have your nav bar down, focus on the structure of the rest of the site, right now it kinda jumps around, there is a lot of scrolling on the homepage, which isn't good, homepages are mainly informative, there is no need to place everything on your homepage, place a little text here and there and place links to their respective pages, teasers.

Also that "Best downloads online" header gets annoying after the 3rd time I saw it.
    www.pajcorp.com -- coming soon to an internet near you...

Oklahoma Sooners all the way baby!!

It looks out dated. Why not just pay from between $30-$50 for a template.
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

Your site suggests that you get thousands of visitors each day right next to your Ad space available box.

If you want to get that box filled with an advertiser, I'd suggest you follow the previous advice given, loose FrontPage, find DreamWeaver and have a look at some of the sites that your competitors are using.

Lats...

I'd also ditch Times Roman, and use a better, more modern looking font such as Arial, Helvetica or Verdana.

Just a suggestion.
    Signature.

Hey Goldfiles, don't get discourage. I would recommend that you at least learn one graphic software well such as PhotoShop/Paint Shop Pro/Dreamweaver/ which will help you in designing and manipulating graphics images to blend with your site.

Another point I would recommend is to learn some CSS/Dhtml/Html to add some dynamics actions to your site. I frankly don't use FrontPage so I won't comment about it.

You will be supprise to what you can do if you know some of the above.

Good Luck
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Still messy... def go with dreamweaver...as someone else said use one row of links... if you have too many use a drop down box. You need to make the design simpler and more elegent....right now it looks both messy and confusing...you have too much stuff crammed into too little space and there is no organization. For one you have random stuff all over the place...ie your time thing....first of all you really don't need that smack in the middle of your page...if you really wanted to add a time thing just add a one line small time thing in the corner or something... your news and different section are all over the place... there is basically no organization to your site...also all your pages seem to be different... which adds to the confusion... you need a stardard layout that you should more or less follow with all your pages....keep at it....

First design tip - Get rid of FP 2000 - It makes a site look bad. Move on to more serious tools like Dreamweaver/Photoshop combo.

Very scattered, if I opened that page up, I would close it 2 seconds later...

Most of the things on your frontpage you could have put on other pages. The frontpage should be more of an intro, with links to other pages that have the actual content.

I would also recommend losing all the unnecessary things such as the clock.
    Ronny Fang
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )

The page looks very sloppy and isn't organized well. Maybe you should combine some of the content, and get-rid of some as well. Everything's just too scattered and misplaced.

After reading the comments from this review, it doesn't seem any different from your first review. All very valid points and suggestions. My opinion... I would drop the whole thing until you learn HTML. It's the basics of building a web site. I would stay away from all drop and drag editors. It was mentioned several times in both your reviews to trash Frontpage. That was the best advice anyone could give. I like to use plain old notepad or Arachnophilia (LOL, don't laugh guys, it's been my secret for years). I use the older version of Arachnophilia. The latest has to many bells and whistles for me. It's a very basic no thrills editor that you can get for free. Basically, it's a blank piece of paper to start. As mentioned above, Dreamweaver is another good one although it is a little to fancy for my taste. I feel it's best to code everything by hand to insure the best alignment and layout.

Nothing beats homemade designed graphics. again, the above comments mentioned some great graphic editors. I use PSP. Most editors have a 15 - 30 day trial. Find one that you feel comfortable with and buy it.

Good Luck with your decisions.

I bet he wishes he never asked
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch
    Custom Imprinted Promotional Products
    www.promopunch.com 1-800-750-8530 x221

I bet he wishes he never asked
    He needs to learn.
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

thanks, I will.....uh.....try to fix things
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

" Last week we released the 30th edition of this downloading site. "
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

Personally I think your site is just fine

This on the other hand, is hilarious

We recommend Host Hall .com
    600 MB Webspace
    35 GB Bandwidth
    CPanel 4.9 + all the features you want
    Always $4 a month!
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch
    Custom Imprinted Promotional Products
    www.promopunch.com 1-800-750-8530 x221

umm.. the logo in the top right is kinda ripped.. =\ file planet has the same thing.. jsut difernt text..

never mind... they changed there layout =\ <--- makes himself look like an ass hole

May I make a suggestion?

http://www.freewebtemplates.com might be a helpful place.

lol... or you could just get a cheap designer.. and be original. Honestly if your site means anything to you pay the 200 or 300$ and get a nice design. People love eye candy, And 50% of any site is how pleasing it is to the eye. Lets face it if someone had the best content in the world but the color scheme was yellow font on white text how many people would sit and read it? =\ just my 2 cents

Hmmmm, needs a bit of work really, maybe like other people have suggested maybe start again