Question meganetserve.com

Hello everyone!

Does anyone has an experience with meganetserve.com dedicated hosting?

We are looking for a good dedicated plan with web based management tool (like Ensim), webmail for our clients (like Squirrelmail)... and possibly support to install specific open source package.

For some raison there is very little information out there on the web about this particular company... but the package they provide seems promissing...

Thanks in advance.
    Jean-Jerome

Ive got a server from them, after being with many hosts i think ive found my new home, there support is good, there prices are excellent and the performance is top notch.

I cant see anyone ever having a problem with this company, they are very professional and quick.

Thumbs up

Just got a server from there .. some days ago ..

i tried a lot of companies before ... and got bad results and never pay for more than month ( the initial payment )

i saw meganetserve offer and decided to gave them a try .. site appear cool and phone numbers and live chat buttons everywhere

the sales rep appear friendly. i placed the order and :

- got allocated IPs after 2 hours or less.
    - got the server after 18 hours!
    - server was ready with HostingController and Xmail.

( i think who tried americanservers, kikko or triservers know well what that means ... )

i'm not expert with windows .. sales rep was very helpfull to guide me thru terminal screen to answer my initial questions

( some BIG names .. when you enter their sites you will find many chat windows opened to HUNT you .. seconds after you paid will find no one there to help .. !! )

so if you need a lot of help ( like me ) then go to with meganetserve for windows servers.

will give updates . here

MegaNetServe has been a real professional setup

I was having a NT server with them for quite a while which I just moved to a Win2K server a few months ago. They have always been a very professional setup. The support has been really great over time. Always accessible and quick response especially important since I manage the server from India! The price has been great as well for the complete package that you get.

OK, ive checked this host out, the business looks clean

THREAD RESTORED

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting

Well, I just wanted to add my thoughts to this thread so people will know how things are working out for me.

I just recently (few days ago) got a small dedicated server from meganetserve.com. It was a special that they posted in the requests forum so I was a bit hesitant to go with them because I tend to worry a lot about support.

I was worring for nothing! They (espically Philip, the owner) have been excellent. The server was set up right away, there is nothing wrong with it, and it is perfect for my needs.. just like they advertised. Perfect.

Philip has personally answered many of my support requests, and has spent lots of time answering my moronic questions for both information and help. Even at 2:00am, I didn't have to wait very long (max was about an hour) for a reply to my question.

I tend to not give very many recommendations to companies, but I do recommend www.meganetserve.com if you're shopping for a decent server and desire personal service.

Please PM me if you would like to discuss further my experience with them.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Hmm... I just checked their site and I'm really not sure, wheather I'm going crazy or what:

- additional 2 IP addresses: $200 setup and $75 monthly

Combined with the whopping 20 GB transfer, linux and 5 domain Ensim license, I'm sure this really attracts new customers.

Win 2000 server for this price and with such transfer I can understand... but IP price... Thanks god they offer 4 IPs max, or some poor guy could mistakenly order 10 of them

I started that thread, and then could not get it back... strange!

Anyway it is back, thanks for your feedback.

I am still considering this particular company, but after viewing the same datacenter pictures on some other site, I am a bit concerned... of course, I can't find the site in question.... I have been to so many...

I will post it if I find it again.

Thanks again for your help.

Originally posted by jeanjerome
    I am still considering this particular company, but after viewing the same datacenter pictures on some other site, I am a bit concerned...
    Why not just hit the chat button or send them an email and ask about that? Maybe there's a reason for it? (Like someone else stole their pics, maybe? Or they use the same datacenter as the other place? etc..)

Anyway, I'm sure you'll get a response.. just ask.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Originally posted by Ales

- additional 2 IP addresses: $200 setup and $75 monthly

Win 2000 server for this price and with such transfer I can understand... but IP price... Thanks god they offer 4 IPs max, or some poor guy could mistakenly order 10 of them
    Ales,

Our web site does not say as you mentioned. It says:

- Additional 2 IP Addresses: $0 Setup; $10 Monthly

- Netscreen 5 Firewall: $200 Setup; $75 Monthly

To be fair, could I ask you to correct your post. Thanks in advance.

About our pricing:

We offer Windows & Linux based Dedicated Servers. Our windows server prices are extremely competetive in the current market. Our Linux prices are well in line with the 'high service' providers. A significant number of new and existing customers are on Windows 2000. We are also a Microsoft Authorized ASP. We made a decision to keep our prices the same regardless of the operating system. What we strive for is excellent customer service, regardless customer's operating system choice.
    Last edited by MegaNetServe; 08-01-2002 at 11:14 AM.
    MegaNetServe
    Value Driven Internet Infrastructure
    www.MegaNetServe.com

Datacenter Pics

Originally posted by jeanjerome
    I started that thread, and then could not get it back... strange!

Anyway it is back, thanks for your feedback.

I am still considering this particular company, but after viewing the same datacenter pictures on some other site, I am a bit concerned... of course, I can't find the site in question.... I have been to so many...

I will post it if I find it again.

Thanks again for your help.
    jeanjerome,

We are colocated with HE Datacenter in Silicon Valley. We've been there quiet a while. First, when they opened their doors in San Jose at the MAE-West building, then moved to the Fremont Datacenter. The pictures you see are of the Fremont Datacenter.
    Last edited by MegaNetServe; 08-01-2002 at 11:12 AM.
    MegaNetServe
    Value Driven Internet Infrastructure
    www.MegaNetServe.com

Philip

Thanks for clarifying... I was more looking for a dedicated host that specialiased in Linux based solutions.

Again thanks for the detaisl.

Thumbs up Customer Service

My existing provider "had" great prices but they lacked integrity and customer service (WR). Because of this I began looking and testing new companies. I ran across http://www.meganetserve.com and soon discovered that their was someone else out there that actually cared about their customers and my customers. Phillip has worked very HARD at making sure that my solutions worked exactly as I needed them to. Over the last month I have always been able to get ahold of them within 30 minutes, usually 5. Whether it be email, instant message, pager, or phone, MegaNetServe is always listening. Don't know about you but that is very very important in my book.

Christopher Kotran
    President
    Asys Stance, Inc.

PS: This was NOT a paid endorsement. My opinions are just that, my opinion 100%.