• nah, thats not gonna fly in court

1 5.56%
  • i donno

2 11.11%
  • yes, You will go to death row with your comments

13 72.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hey, court is the american way

i am being sued for a little matter over an original $89.00, this little prick is trying to sue me for $5000.00

never go in partners with someone
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

HostHeadQuarters.com
    Reliable Hosting
    Great Support
      0 Not allowed!

that sucks ntwaddel kick his arse thats a american way too or buy him some KFC "Chicken"
      0 Not allowed!

Hey, Name Nerd, I looked at your site and it seems like you need to check out a grammar book, specificially the "plural vs. possessive" section.

Oh, and that kid sounds very annoying and very young. I hope his parents give him a well-deserved spanking.
      0 Not allowed!

Something nobody has mentioned yet (or I failed to see so far) is that yes this can go to court. This is again based on the fact that false statements were made, which so far I haven't seen nor know about. There is a little thing called "slander" and if you make false accusations about a person or company, you can be taken to court for it. Sure, freedom of speech is nice but you had better be making sure the statements you make are 100% accurate. Not just 90%, that extra 10% could be all it takes.
    - Mark
      0 Not allowed!

Taken from dictionary.com:

slan·der Pronunciation Key (slndr)
    n.
    1. Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
    2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.
    - Mark
      0 Not allowed!

That definition is highly oversimplified, just noting.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]
      0 Not allowed!

Okay, here is information from law.freeadvice.com:

WHAT DAMAGES ARE AVAILABLE FOR SLANDER OR LIBEL?
    If you have been defamed you may seek both actual damages, to recover the harm that you have suffered, and punitive damages to punish the person who made the remark (and serve as an example to deter others).

If the defamation improperly accused you of a crime or reflected on your profession, the Court or jury can assess the damages. For other types of defamation you must prove some actual damage to be able to recover.

http://law.freeadvice.com/general_pr...el_damages.htm
    Just to note, I'm not a lawyer, I'm just pointing out the fact that you better have accurate information before making statements about someone or their business. Just my 2 cents...
    - Mark
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Taken from dictionary.com:

Originally posted by markblair
    slan·der Pronunciation Key (slndr)
    n.
    1. Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
    2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.
    Actually this word is misused quite often because slander is when you physically say the false statement. The correct term would be either libel or defamation.
      0 Not allowed!

Yep, wrong definition for this instance.
    dotGig
      0 Not allowed!

N A M E N E R D im intrested to learn how you got this persons phone number ? Are they a former employee ? Customer ? Because if its a former customer that is making your bussiness look real bad when your calling them up @ there house threating them.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by BadBoy
    N A M E N E R D im intrested to learn how you got this persons phone number ? Are they a former employee ? Customer ? Because if its a former customer that is making your bussiness look real bad when your calling them up @ there house threating them.
    I gave out the number. I used to work for nodehosting and I had josh's number and woudl talk to him alot (kinda were buddies till this happened). I work for Name.Nerd and im tired of seeing this kinda stuff go on. Name.Nerd isnt the frist company that has been beaten up by these forums. Yes these forums are great help to people but if Josh has beef with someone he should take it up with them and not in public forums. Today I spent hours making calls and running all over trying to find where we went wrong with name.nerd. I havent found anything that could mean why we were banned here or find anything why Josh who i believe works for Nodehosting would come after us. I also thought t hat maybe nodehosting is trying to kill us before we start because of competition but then i realized that cant be true because i dont see how we could be competing with them unless they are becoming a ICANN register. All and all i dont understand why we are being attacked. Im one of the Three Founders of Name.Nerd and yet I have seen nothing that we have done. Okay i must admit we put an advertisment in these forums...but it was in the advertisement section and it was not posted more than once. Im so confused. I dont see why this kid...josh...is trying to ruin us. When i knew this guy he was a nice kind guy...when did he change?
      0 Not allowed!

drugs, has to be lol
    dotGig
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Samuel
    drugs, has to be lol

Seriously, though, this is a fascinating thread so far. I, too have read over namenerds posts, and I don't know why they were banned either. I'm sure the mods had a good reason, I just don't know it though. Hmmm, we'll see soon enough...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by VoxKeysGtr

Seriously, though, this is a fascinating thread so far. I, too have read over namenerds posts, and I don't know why they were banned either. I'm sure the mods had a good reason, I just don't know it though. Hmmm, we'll see soon enough...
    The thing is both Ben (Name.Nerd) and I have contacted them asking them wy and havnt recieved a responce. Let me check my mail agian....nope nothing yet. We would love to know why though.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by JTM22
    he is name.nerd. If you saw my post on that you would know.

aol doesnt even have my right phone number.

At first i didnt see the name, then i did. I just was getting him to unknowingly admit to me that he has no idea what he just got himself into.
    Oh I had my fair share of people like that, even called my house to. Said I had to friday to shutdown my company, I laughed. Friday came nothing happend.
      0 Not allowed!

Well Im asking for a Mod to close this thread. Obvioulsy this kid is trying to ruin our company but hey whats it matter. He talked some ppl like Globalhost2 and others to follow him but then there are the others that see how we got screwed by a little kid. Oh well the only way we can recover is to just drop this and continue on with our company. Big deal if on these forums some people think were bad news. The only way we will be able to prove we are not is by running a successful company and being loyal.

Also i stated that Josh works for nodehosting earlier but i have talked to some staff at Node and some old firends that still work there and they told me that he doesnt work there and sounds like they are trying at all cost to avoid him and not even speak to him. (i wonder why). So i want to say sorry for accocaiting him with another company because in the process of accocating him i may have caused bad taste towards nodehosting and i dont want to do that.

MODS LOCK THIS THREAD PLEASE!
      0 Not allowed!

LOL. The idea that your company is banned from the forums is already a negative thing, and doesn't say anything good about the company.
    You are missing the WHOLE point. It was banned because of the statments made by this kid. The reason why Name.Nerd wants to take him to court.
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!
      0 Not allowed!

Dude I was not talked off. Im just sharing my experiences. I believe you somewhat managed this in a responsible way but kind of then you went to far.
    Patrick Schrader
      0 Not allowed!

After about 15 call's today regarding this post and the incident's here i have came to one conclusion.
    1) all parties involved want nothing todo with JTM22
    2) his parent/guardians have been contacted via phone
    3) Moderator's and staff in relation to WHT have been contacted for various reasons.

Results: After talking with several associates examing borad rules. it has been found by some of the senior members of WHT. That Name.Nerd has no reason to be banned accirding to current rules and so forth. Greg and Eugene are still trying to get in touch with [Chicken] In Regards to this all.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ********
    Thanks for understanding what we have been going through.
    We were banned due to some of this "kids" posts.
    This is incorrect, the issue has nothing to do with this person's posts.

Originally posted by mindboggle
    Let me get this straight, your company's name was ***ed out because of the post made by JTM that provided no hard evidence about anything? Or am I missing something?
    Missing something...

Originally posted by Samuel
    Who can hear the shadows of a comment by chicken in ohhhhh about 15 posts that reads something like this.

[notchicken]It's true the host was banned for spamming multiple forums.[/notchicken]
    Samuel is good

The issue is that another URL is banned here. The current URL is closely associated and this is the reason that both are blocked. That's about all that needs to be discussed on the forum IMHO, and any further questions can be directed to email, as that is a more appropriate place to discuss the issue.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12