Hybrid View

Need reseller/resold account with properly configured reverse DNS and PTR records

Hello,

Does anyone knows of a decent, fast, great support Unix based RESELLER HOSTING SERVICE out there that will do this.

Reason being is that the domain registrar of .my domains, where my principal market is, actually does a reverse nslookup before the register a .my domain name.

I would also like to have ns1.mydomain and ns2.mydomain and fixed IP addresses for all resold accounts.

Space: 3 - 5 GB
    Bandwidth: 10 - 15 GB
    Domains: 10 - 15 (unlimited will stretch server resource I feel)
    http access with or without www prefix
    Unlimited sub-domains and FTP
    Unlimited mail with separate mail and smtp server
    Unllimited MySQL
    Cgi bin
    PHP
    Private labels CP's
    Frontpage
    etc..

Oh if i'm in the wrong forum. plz move me.. tks mate.
    ^5
    Hosting is so much fun...

http://www.mchost.com , http://www.voxtreme.com , and http://www.matrixreseller.com are some places you may want to check out. They all have good reputations here, and are often recommended.

You'd also get some good offers by posting in the "Web Hosting Requests." forum.

Re: Need reseller/resold account with properly configured reverse DNS and PTR records

Originally posted by biTe

1 - Reason being is that the domain registrar of .my domains, where my principal market is, actually does a reverse nslookup before the register a .my domain name.

2 - I would also like to have ns1.mydomain and ns2.mydomain
    3 - and fixed IP addresses for all resold accounts.

.my in't that malaysia?

Anyways,

1 - I believe McHost can do that for you (I got them to setup reverse dns)
    2 - No problem
    3 - That might be an issue with most reseller accounts. To setup IP based account you need justification, which basically means you need it for : secure certs or anon ftp... Otherwise you'll have to use name based hosting...

Btw, PixelSeven gives you a few ips to begin with... so if you really need them, you might consider them... They should be able to help you with the reverse dns as well....
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

hi, so they setup reverse DNS to your Name Servers ?

Or do they have just setup reverse DNS to their main Name Servers?

Originally posted by eddie
    hi, so they setup reverse DNS to your Name Servers ?

Or do they have just setup reverse DNS to their main Name Servers?
    I have a semi-ded. with mchost. Yes they setup reverse dns for my nameservers...
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

hey tks guys for your very helpful replies... I will certainly check them out.

yes .my is in Malaysia

yes i will post in the "Web Hosting Requests." forum as well.

oh i will need reverse dns and ptr done both for my main reseller account and resold accounts as well.

onefusion.com have indicated that they will do this for me, but additional IP's are $1 per month. They have a very generous package of 10gb space/30gb bandwidth @$30 and a pretty decent connection speed at their new data center. Has anyone used them.??

Question:
    Can a reverse DNS and PTR record be set for a domain account without a fixed IP address.?? Probably a silly question which I will ask once.. lol
    ^5

Hi,

I have an account with Onefusion and so far so good, (Onefusion guys are from Singapore). Caleb who frequents this Forum is a very understanding person, they also have a Resellers Forum, if you have any problems you can post it there and get help.

BTW I am also from Malaysia, Selangor(Puchong).

As regards to registration of .MY domains, from my experience, in normal cases you can register the domain name online at mynic.net.my and just enter the primary/secondary nameservers of your reseller account. Then follow up and fax them the ROC Form if you are registering it for your clients and make payment of RM100/ to MIMOS BERHAD if you are paying by cheque or their authorised dealers at:

1) Southern Bank Berhad branches.

2)Anjung Niaga, MIMOS BERHAD, Bukit Jalil

Pertaining to local customers, you just need to provide them your reseller nameservers(primary/secondary and IPs) for them to submit to mynic for registration if they intend to register it themselves. On your side, just set up the domain name on the server e.g. abu.com.my and it resolve to the server after propagation time usually 24-72 hours.

Name-based or IP-based hosting does not matter, most important is that you provide the correct nameservers/IPs of your reseller account so that their domain will resolve to the particular server(s)

Hope this helps
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

hi cactus and fellow malaysian,

wow.. thats good news. its been a while for me and i haven't added any .my domains since they automated things online.

yes the peeps at Onefusion seems helpful enough. I am really seriously looking at them. They have also indicated that they will configure reverse dns for me.

your comments means that i will have lots more hosting option to choose from. you have been a big help. tks.
    ^5