T1 or T3 Service Providers

Hey, Im wondering if anyone has had any experience with any Tier connection, like who was your provider? Im looking because my friend is interested in it for his home. I did a little bit of looking around 2 days ago and found covad.com. I had done a search to see if it was in his area, and it was. Then, the next day they had called saying that you had visited their site, and if you were interested. The funny thing is, I didnt enter in a phone number.

Anyways, all help is appreciated, I want to get the cheapest, most reliable connection, hehe like everyone does.

Thanks

Your friend wants a T3 in his home? What's he using it for?

Where abouts do you live?
    Signature.

The cheapest connection will never be the most reliable.

The most reliable connection will never be the cheapest.

You should look a for good balancing ratio, at the end of the day you can get good value for money, but not going to get best of both worlds. Good Luck.
    MattF - Since the start..

Citrus-
    Sorry if this sounds harsh but, What would it matter? I knew someone would ask that....

Matt- Yes I understand that, but I was looking for more personal experiences so that it could assist in making my decision.

Thanks,
    Anthony

*edit*
    or maybe if someone can give me a list of service providers that they know of. Then I could go through each one and pick out what I think is best, and then ask if anyone has had experience with them.

Originally posted by PWH_anthony
    Citrus-
    Sorry if this sounds harsh but, What would it matter? I knew someone would ask that....
    I was just wondering, sorry for asking as it's none of my business...

Best Advice: start locally. Contact local ISP's and ask about t1, t3 pricing.

-neil
    neil MCITP, VCP

What State does your friend live in ?

I know XO and Qwest have been offering some smoking deals on DS3 lines
    : UTADMIN : Carl :

NJ

I started to look at Covad some more....there guarantees almost got me going to order.....and there offer until 8/15 is nice....free equipment or a free month....

We had Qwest install a DS3 recently and it took them six months! We were about ready to wring their necks.

lol

*crosses Qwest off the list*

Alright i found a humungous list of ISPs for my area code....

http://thelist.internet.com/areacode/908/

i gotta go through each one now....well...at least some of them.....theres like hundreds.....

www.psi.net
    Get you a cogent t1 or t3