Thread: Hi

Hi Please review Hardwaregeeks.com

Hi My sites down due to a server mood but I would like your input on the design.
    Http://www.hardwaregeeks.com
    Last edited by Hardwaregeek; 07-25-2002 at 05:38 PM.

Looks pretty fine to me.

Only thing at this stage, in your menu bar, the first letter of each word appears to be missing - without looking closer.

Nice job.

Lats...
    Lats...

Hmm I guess I should make them a bit darker.
    Thanks.
    To sleepy to do it now so I'll do it when I wake up.

anyone else have any comments on my site

It looks okay, I'm just not into all the gray.

Only thing at this stage, in your menu bar, the first letter of each word appears to be missing - without looking closer.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Hi hardwaregeek,

I see where you're trying to go with the colored first letter in the menu bar and matching it with the colors in the header, but as already stated, it is really hard to read.

Outside of that though, I think it looks great. It's nice, simple, and clean. What more could you ask for? Good job.

yeah i did that letter thing because it matched the color of some of the tables etc but ill change them soon not at home so cant get photoshop up and going.

i think it looks pretty good. i'm trying to get used to the header logo thing being on the right. i'm not used to that. but it looks good though. i like how you used the blue in that header and kind of want to see that color in other spots as well.

i don't know if i like that first letter being colored deal. maybe try using that blue in your header and use it as a drop shadow for each of those menu titles. give that a shot since i'm not sure how it will look. it should look good.

one last thing. what made you choose to use those fonts for "HG" in the circle. to tell you the true, it doesn't go very well with the overall look and feel. try just using the "HG" in the logo header and add some blue in the circle design.

i hope that helped. it looks like you are heading in the right direction. good luck.

Thanks for the advice visualnewbie ill work on it and see how it looks when I get a chance.

And I will post a link when I can

10. yeah no problem. make sure you update us on your progress. i love checking out sites after some changes. usually those changes are big enough to make a statement.

good luck.

Originally posted by Hardwaregeek
    Thanks for the advice visualnewbie ill work on it and see how it looks when I get a chance.

And I will post a link when I can