Monitoring a web Server

I am running windows 2003 on my web server and I am hosting a program which I have users accessing all day. I was wondering a way that I could monitor who accesses the server and how many times daily. They already access the server with a username and password so I just need to get that information.

You could find your IIS access log files, and to see some static like IP Address etc... But if you would like to have custom log information you should write a logging engine in your application.

Regards - Windows Web hosting information and resources.

Albany, NY
    If you have no logging setup from within your application, the best way to do it is through the IIS log files. If this is something you want to be able to regularly generate reports on, SmarterStats may give you some of what you need, but it sounds like you'd need something custom written. If you do end up writing something custom, I would recommend Microsoft's Log Parser 2.2, it will definitely make life much easier for you. Good luck!
    ActiveHost - Upstate New York Data Center Services: Powering the Active Business with ProActive Service
    Windows and Linux Cloud Hosting, VPS, Dynamic Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    In business since 1996. Privately owned multi-million dollar data center. 24x7 Support. 1-518-372-2842

Dont you Have Plesk installed??
    it have Internal stastics Charts

5. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from