Question 2nd highest day on wallstreet?

tonight i heard the TV say that there was heavy trading in wallstreet today that it was the 2nd highest gain ever?

whats up with this could somone shed some light on it? as i only heard that part

thanks, Zac

488 on the Dow ... but sheesh ... still need more to recover from the last few weeks. Maybe they'll arrest some more CEOs and the trend will continue!

Given how far it has fallen, this is not exactly a big deal.

These types of rallies happen in bear markets. The real problem is that no one, and I mean no one, can tell you with any certainty that any single point is "the" bottom.

The problem is that you only know in hindsight what was... and only those that are quite nimble with their investments can afford speculate and bottom pick.

People have been trying to pick the bottom all the way down from > 5000 Nasdaq points, after all.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

my broker did me great. Turned 10 grand into 18. Im happy.
    DeathLorD
    Aimlayer6918

my broker lost me 100k oh well crap happens.... hopefully the market rebounds soon so i can get the heck out of it.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

It's all crap. It's the greatest pyramid scam ever known to humanity. The latest rise was just a "dead cat bounce". Take a dead cat and drop it from a great height and it will still bounce.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Yup the highest ever gain was 499 Points in the dow and that was during the dot com boom. March of 2000. It'll go back down, the gain was mainly due to the fact that the adelphia CEO was arrested. I don't think we hit bottom yet, probably around 6500-6800 is my prediction.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Take a dead cat and drop it from a great height and it will still bounce.
    Can I wager a bet on that? I'm thinking if you takea dead cat, drop it from a great height, it will go splat, and not bounce.

Can I wager a bet on that? I'm thinking if you takea dead cat, drop it from a great height, it will go splat, and not bounce.

Naaah, it will bounce - He said Dead, does depends upon how long it's been dead though lol

Originally posted by reseller

a combination of splat and bounce. So, very much like the WORLD'S LARGEST PYRAMID SCAM.
    Last edited by Aussie Bob; 07-25-2002 at 06:50 AM.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

up 488 yesterday, down 101 so far for today. LOL!

Whenever will we start seeing a real rebound? My US$ is really worthless to me right now...