Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tranxactglobal.com - Where's My Server??

Pursuant to my previous post, here is my complaint about Tranxactglobal.com:

Two weeks ago today (July 10th), I ordered a new server from them. I paid for it (and a RAM upgrade) with my credit card, and all charges went though. An excerpt from the confirmation email:
    We have received your dedicated server order, and will process it as soon as possible. If you do not hear from our sales or support department within 72 hours, please alert them by email at jhinkle@tranxactglobal.com or via our online helpdesk at http://www.tranxactglobal.com/support/users/.
    After a week of hearing nothing, I sent the following email to Jeff Hinkle (jhinkle@tranxactglobal.com):
    Hi,

I ordered a server a week ago for LyricFind.com, and still haven't heard anything about it. When will it be ready? This is a bit ridiculous...I should have at least heard SOMETHING from you guys.

Darryl Ballantyne
    Two and a half hours later, I received the reply:
    I will check on it.
    And I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Finally, on Monday (the 22nd), having heard nothing more, I sent the following email:

Jeff,

This is absurd. It's been almost two weeks and I haven't heard a thing from you or anyone else in the company.

I don't appreciate being left without a server or any sort of expected timeline for receiving one. This is not a professional or responsible way to run a business, and I'm not at all pleased.

Either a) get the server ready IMMEDIATELY or b) refund my money, with interest, and I'll take my business elsewhere (likely to RackShack).

Sincerely,

Darryl Ballantyne
    AdProject.net
    http://www.adproject.net
    (519)897-7321
    It's now been two more days, marking a full two weeks since I ordered and paid for the server.

I'm at the point now where I'll be disputing the charge to my credit card and going elsewhere.

Needless to say, I strongly recommend avoiding Tranxactglobal.

For the record, I also have another server with Tranxactglobal for another site I run. That server also took more than the three days to set up, and a reminder email - but IIRC it wasn't more than 5 days. I'll likely be moving this server as well.

I welcome any posts from Tranxactglobal explaining what has happened here.

Darryl

They are very popular in this forum. I bet they probably had too many new orders. I guess you can always ask for full refund and find another provider.

Yes, that's probably the case; they are extremely popular and often run out of server.

However, I do think it is their error that they charge you before providing you with service. For all you know, you just paid for 2 weeks for nothing.

Peter

If that's the reason, fine - but I've gotten no response from them for the entire two weeks apart from "I will check on it." - and I've heard nothing since.

If they were out of servers, fine. I can wait a bit (though two weeks is a bit of a stretch even for that - how long can it take to get another server?) - but they should, as a BARE minimum, inform me that that is the case.

Darryl
    Darryl Ballantyne
    LyricFind.com Inc.

Have you opened any support tickets on their trouble ticket system, or tried telephoning?

They are usually very fast at replying to those, and they are worth the wait btw.
    Matthew - Burton Hosting
    low cost shared, reseller, VPS & dedicated solutions for over five years - we've got what you need.
    http://www.burtonhosting.com
    http://www.getmesupport.com - server monitoring service for all!

Yeah, definately call Jeff. He'll sort it out for you or at least explain what's going on.

I contacted Jeff weeks ago in regards to rackspace, and he replied quickly after the first email. He said:

Let me know what we have to do to close the deal.
    So I asked a few more questions and was going to buy right that day. But he never got back to me.
    Jason

No, I haven't tried calling - only email. I'll try calling them later tonight, hopefully.

Not that it should have come to this...
    Darryl Ballantyne
    LyricFind.com Inc.

Funny how they could be too busy with orders when they haven't had any available servers for at least 10 days (I've been checking). With all that time on their hands, you'd think they could take a few minutes to send you an email about what the holdup is.

that stinks sorry to hear about your misfortunes <-- probably spelled wrong

Actually, you spelled it right. but I think you should have used singular instead of plural.

"Misfortune" probably isn't the best word in this context.....

Peter

Originally posted by ckpeter
    Actually, you spelled it right. but I think you should have used singular instead of plural.

"Misfortune" probably isn't the best word in this context.....

Peter
    lol i spelled it correctly so that surprised me

That type of response seems prevalent with that company.

I gave up after trying to contact them twice.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

I get 100% replies to any support tickets I open, as they have multiple staff who reply to tickets, but emailing one person when they could be busy, out of town etc is different.
    Matthew - Burton Hosting
    low cost shared, reseller, VPS & dedicated solutions for over five years - we've got what you need.

Pre-sales contact.

During the period I have searched for a dedicated I tried to establish a contact with them.

1. 2 emails. Result: no response.
    2. Phone (US business hours): answering machine.

So I decided to go elsewhere, of course.

Usually, I believe only my own experieces and all I can say is that they don't have extraordinary communication skills and perhaps they prefer to deal with big clients (several servers once).

Hi Darryl, this is indeed a poor business practice. I sure hope you *can* get your money back and go to a reputable source for your server.

Try looking at another DV2 partner like eservers.biz
    Jim

Well, I'd avoid DV2 completely in the future...

I'm surprised I haven't heard anything from TXG in this thread - I know they read these forums...
    Darryl Ballantyne
    LyricFind.com Inc.

This is just so typical. Their support dept is sorta ok, but they just dont have a sales dept. Thats why ur sales emails are never answered.

This biz model is ok - they get their clients fast, mainly word-of-the-mouth. They have 0 in the cost of sales column.

The main thing is that once you get your server, they provide a reasonable service at VERY LOW COST.

So, to sum things up, dont expect everything done same minute while paying that kind of money.

I don't expect things to be done right away - but two weeks (over two weeks, now - and counting) is ridiculous.

I've also been less-than-impressed with the speed and performance of their network on my other server, but you DO get what you pay for...
    Darryl Ballantyne
    LyricFind.com Inc.

I have found their network to be one of the best for the cost of it. Zero setup for $129 etc.. is a bargain for a fully burstable server I think and their support is always there when I need it.
    Matthew - Burton Hosting

So, to sum things up, dont expect everything done same minute while paying that kind of money.
    If this company doesn't have the ability to deliver a server within two weeks and is too inconsiderate to keep a potential customer in the loop, they are not worth using. Period. We are talking about a basic level of performance that everyone is entitled to - no matter how much they are paying.

Personally, I stay away from one man hosting operations like Transactglobal because the people running them can quickly lose interest, or money, or both. If you've been satisfied with them in the past, thank your lucky stars; because this might be a sign of things to come.

One Man show? I think you need to check your facts.
    Matthew - Burton Hosting

Originally posted by inca

Personally, I stay away from one man hosting operations like Transactglobal because the people running them can quickly lose interest, or money, or both. If you've been satisfied with them in the past, thank your lucky stars; because this might be a sign of things to come.
    Coming from a newbie does not surprise me.
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

It doesn't matter what he paid, the fact is he already paid for it and yet it is not here.

Another comment was made about keeping a potential customer in the loop, that is wrong, he already paid and the company already accepted the payment, thus he is A CUSTOMER, not a potential customer. Regardless, their own site says "Customers are our most valuable assests." Apparently not in this case.

I have never had a server with them, so I do not speak from experience, but if this is how they treat new customers, I will definately think twice about getting a server from them, regardless of price, getting your server online is still priority one for a dedicated server provider.
    • Matt J •
    • Where Customer Services is #1 •
    • Virtual Plans • Reseller Plans • Dedicated Servers •
    • Jatol Internet Service • www.jatol.com •

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast