Suggested boycott: spammers www. traffic magnet .net

www. Traffic magnet .net apparently sees fit to send spam to anyone with a registered domain (or maybe a website, since my email is pretty easy to get). I've gotten two of these boilerplates now, saying that she visited my website and notice that I'm not listed in some search engines. Well, that's probably true, I'm sure there's SOME dinky search engine out there that hasn't noticed me yet. And I could care less. I will NOT click the opt-out link. I don't care to find out if they're selling "live" email addresses in addition to figuring that anyone who has a website has opted in.

Instead I'll point out that it isn't all that hard to submit your site to the major search engines, and that the minors will pick you up from dmoz.org. And if you feel like you've just gotta pay for a search engine listing, maybe someone will add to the thread and suggest who to use, without supporting these lowlife spammers.

</rant mode>

Right. Back to configuring acornhosting.net's first server.
    Last edited by Chicken; 07-25-2002 at 12:08 AM.

Well it was good of you to give them a nice link to help build their link popularity and PageRank, even though you are mad at them.

I know that wasn't your intention, but if it were me I'd edit that link out of there!

Anyway, spammers or not (and yeah, they certainly are) they're worth avoiding just because bulk submission is a Bad Idea, submitting your site to 300,000 FFA sites and link farms is Very Foolish, and paying someone $89 to do it to you is Pretty Stupid.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Thanks JayC. You're right, I was an idiot up there. Didn't realize this board would auto-wrap urls for me. Helpful of it, normally, i suppose

Oh, btw, if anyone WERE to visit their site, you'd notice than they seem to have a toll free number.

Oh my god, I have received that for every domain I have multiple times. They must have quite a mail throughput

Originally posted by IT Hosting
    Oh my god, I have received that for every domain I have multiple times. They must have quite a mail throughput
    The same! In fact I just delete them right on the server... anything from that domain is completely worthless.... however... I have gotten one or two emails with the same form they use from another domain.... traffic-something-besides-magnet.net.... anyoneget that too and remember what it is?

I refuse to go with any company that spams me.