* Fiber Locity? Too good to be true?

I'm basically interested in the cheapest plan they have - 8 bucks for 300MB/20Gb-bandwith, but to me, it's like too good to be true... Plus, they also give a free domain, and that's only for a month registration???

Has anyone had any experience with them? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

That's certainly a lot of bandwidth for 8 bucks. A traceroute shows they're with RackShack though, so they're not really overselling that much. Still, such a large amount of bandwidth might very well cause overloaded servers.

I tried searching on Google and here, but couldn't find anything else on them. I say if you need all that much bandwidth pay monthly, check whether they have a 30 day money back guarantee, and give them a shot.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

When "it's too good to be true"... it is! But you could give them a try if you don't mind loosing $8 and if they don't have a 30 day money back guarantee. Web hosts that offer high bandwidth and low pricing usually don't provide such a good service. The quality of service is always compromised somewhere, such as putting too many users on one server to offset the costs of the server and to gain some profit. Or to use low quality hardware and bandwidth so that your site isn't always up for users to view. There's just too many headaches with going for a cheap hosting company. You could also check to see if they are incorporated... since if a web hosting company is incorporated within whatever country they're in, then it means that they're serious about what they offer... if they're not, then they could just disappear any time without saying anything.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

Fiber Locity stives to provide the best support in the industry. We have a few servers with Rack Shack, while we are finishing up our own datacenter. All new customers begining Monday will housed in our own Data Center. Fiber Locity excels in customer satisfaction. The positive feedback from our clientele has been simply tremendous. No e-mail forgotten, no question unanswered, no customer unsatisfied. Give us a try.

Regards,
    Fiber Locity, Inc.

P.S. Yes we are Incorporated.

Here we go again....

First I was then I got

After visiting Fyberlocity I said to my self woohoooo I can have them host one of my clients 4GB picture archive which generates about 150GB / Month for 18.95 I was going to be rich in no time hehehehehehe .

But if you read their terms an conditions here is the usual

Traffic Guidelines

Due to the unique resource characteristics and traffic patterns associated with certain types of sites, the following are limited up to 10GB of free traffic and 600MB of free storage: sub hosting, shareware, sound, video, image, and multimedia archives/galleries, mirror sites, distribution points and any site whose primary purpose is file distribution. If your account goes over traffic limit, we reserve the right to charge you for the extra traffic. Over transfer (traffic) may be charged at up to $5 dollars per gigabyte, to be determined on a case by case basis with Fiber Locity as the sole arbiter.

MY QUESTION IS WHY THE HELL DO YOU SAY UNLIMITED IF YOU CAN'T PROVIDE WHAT YOU OFFER?

This is not to bash your company but your business practice it just doesn't make sense. I have had too many clients come to our company telling us stories about the "Host that provided unlimited for 4.95 and all of the sudden is no where to be found"
    WCSWEB.NETWORKS - 24x7 Support We're here to help anytime, day or night!
    WCSHOST.Net <- Call us (800) 590-0017 ->
    Linux based Cpanel Shared and Reseller premium Hosting with Fantastico & rvskin
    Windows based Helm Shared Premium Hosting / Remote Backup solutions

unlimited

In My opinion "Unlimited" is "Unrealistic" there's no such thing!

No company (IMO) can offer Unlimited Bandwidth / Space and actually deliver it.

I would steer clear of any Hosting company offering Unlimited Plans.

There has to be a catch somewhere!

Well they're not offering 'unlimited' bandwidth or space, they've got a limit on their site (btw nice site). It looks like they are running on the same principal of AlwaysWebHosting.com, where you have a high bandwidth limit to attract the customers and assume that most of the customers won't use the full amount. And I've JUST noticed that they do have an unlimited plan so excuse what I said at the start of the post... now that really can't be done, you can't provide unlimited for only $18.95, you can't provide unlimited at any price.

That's a busines plan that I would never use though, offering a high amount when you know you won't provide it when say ALL your customers want the full amount of bandwidth, there'll be many problems if that happens (even though we know that doesn't happen in real life). But I think a true business that is honest would tell the customer the real bandwidth limit and space limit, so whatever happens they are allowed to use the allocated amount and you can of course provide it even if all your customers use their full limits.

Alan
    Last edited by ho247; 06-22-2002 at 03:38 PM.
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

We really dont care how much bandwith our customers use. All long as your site abides by our Terms and Conditions. So we are offering unlimited space, only if your site follows our rules. If it does not follow our rules than you are limited to 10 gig per month. We are not being dishonest. Everything is stated in our Terms. We are letting our customers know before they sign up. The order form says "click here of you you read our terms and conditions"

Regads
    Fiber Locity

unlimited

Originally posted by ***********
    We really dont care how much bandwith our customers use. All long as your site abides by our Terms and Conditions. So we are offering unlimited space, only if your site follows our rules. If it does not follow our rules than you are limited to 10 gig per month. We are not being dishonest. Everything is stated in our Terms. We are letting our customers know before they sign up. The order form says "click here of you you read our terms and conditions"

Regads
    Fiber Locity
    Hi,

The only point I was trying to make was that "Unlimited" is "Unrealistic" there is no way to provide unlimited anything (including space), as even if the deal is sincere the server has limits thus the client has a limit.

In other words by stating an offer of "Unlimited Space" the offer is promising a feature it cannot provide.
    Last edited by ebay-nut; 06-22-2002 at 03:56 PM.
    EZHostz.Biz (Established in 2003)
    EZHostz.Biz <-> Reseller Info Domain Name Sales, WebHosting, Email Only Hosting, & Much More.
    Providers of Directi & Enom Reseller Accounts.

So you company won't provide unlimited if the sites contain the following:

sub hosting
    shareware
    sound
    video
    images
    multimedia archives/galleries
    mirror sites
    distribution points

so please educate us what can a customer have that will be allowed unlimited space and bandwith?

I guess just plain text html files huh?
    WCSWEB.NETWORKS - 24x7 Support We're here to help anytime, day or night!
    WCSHOST.Net <- Call us (800) 590-0017 ->
    Linux based Cpanel Shared and Reseller premium Hosting with Fantastico & rvskin
    Windows based Helm Shared Premium Hosting / Remote Backup solutions

Originally posted by ***********

Regads
    Fiber Locity
    You're not that guy named "Igor" who used to run championhost are you???

Well what a surprise another of Igor Amburgs companies has disapeared again, thats after running up a few debts by using there customers credit cards.
    I wonder what new company he will come up with next.

Originally posted by WCSWEB
    So you company won't provide unlimited if the sites contain the following:

sub hosting
    shareware
    sound
    video
    images
    multimedia archives/galleries
    mirror sites
    distribution points

so please educate us what can a customer have that will be allowed unlimited space and bandwith?

I guess just plain text html files huh?
    Heh! That's hittign the nail on the head.

I had a heck of a time finding a host that fell into a decent price range that woudl be willing to host my photo gallery. This kind of BS terms of service is what made it so hard-- buried in the TOS or AUP is some sort of 'make sure you don't host too many pics or we'll delete em' disclaimer.