Question on advertising for webhosts ...

I have just been reading the link above this forum talking about signing up for "PPCForWebhosts"

It's a free directory you can sign up for and you can expand by setting up a "pay for click thru"

Has anyone used these sorts of services?

What are their value?

Many Thanks!

Robin Ray

Utah, USA
    All these url's came from a Google phrase search for "pay per click".

Here's a PPC forum:
    Article about PPC:
    Sometime "review sites" are just hidden advertising... "reviews" might be glib words run out by paid hacks. Here's a site that claims to review PPC's without remuneration and without bias:
    Her's another article:

Bottom line... (my opinion) pay per click should, at best, be part of a promotion strategy, part of an overall approach to advertising.

-- John Sinclair
    ~John Sinclair

Just as clarification, PPCforHosts is unlike other generalized pay-per-click search engines such as Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle, etc. Those engines are term-based and not industry-specific. PPCforHosts is tailored specifically to web hosting searches, and all the sites on which PPCforHosts searches are displayed are hosting- and web developer-related.

So to compare PPCforHosts to an Overture, FindWhat, or Kanoodle is sort of apples-to-oranges -- they have totally different targeting and distribution models.

Will Smith

Will Smith [/B]

Thanks for your responses on this. I apprecite it!

Robin Ray