View Poll Results: Are you a Jehova's Witness?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 4.17%
  • No

69 95.83%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    I don't think any religion should doorknock to *sell* their beliefs. That includes Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormans (and any others that might practice this). It is an invasion of privacy in my opinion.
    Us Jehova's Witnesses don't sell there beliefs. We do accept donations, to keep the world wide work funded though if you wish to do so. We don't ask nor charge for money for anything that we give out ie. WatchTower mags.

They knocked on my door one day...

I told them just exactly like this: "Could you please **** Off?"

And one day they returned with different people. I told exactly that word. They never come back ...so far.

Not Me... I tell them to get out of my house .. I don't want them in my house LOL. Baptist Here and not just a normal one King James Bible Believing one at that .

Aussie how about getting one of those stickers to Chicago

DS3Tech

My wife was a morman at one stage, unfortunatly. They are nothing but a bunch of money hungry hoolagans! ( much like scientologists ). They still come around here knocking on the door asking why she no longer shows her face. I had a nice little talk with them the last time they came around, which should have hopefully put an end to there sales tactics, but you never know whith these people. They aren't supposed to associate with others outside of their religion, so I don't see how it is possible / within their religious ( cult ) beliefs to go door knocking. I now have a cricket bat handy just incase they come a knockin'.

Whenever I get a Jehova's Witness at my door I try my best to convert them to Christianity. I say things like "Jesus will forgive you, if..." etc. I'm not religious at all, or even Christian -- but I like trying to use their own tactics against them. They try to convert me, I try to convert them. It's an even trade!
    Jay » jay@frontdrive.com • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

lol, only 1 so far

Originally posted by FDrive
    Whenever I get a Jehova's Witness at my door I try my best to convert them to Christianity. I say things like "Jesus will forgive you, if..." etc. I'm not religious at all, or even Christian -- but I like trying to use their own tactics against them. They try to convert me, I try to convert them. It's an even trade!
    Not to upset anyone but this had me laughing histarically. Seems fair to me...
    - Mark

Originally posted by Haze
    I now have a cricket bat handy just incase they come a knockin'.
    Hey, let's all go trick or treating at Haze's house.

We'll get chased away with a cricket bat.

Originally posted by VoxKeysGtr

Hey, let's all go trick or treating at Haze's house.

We'll get chased away with a cricket bat.
    Actually there is no trick or treating in this country (Australia)... poor kids ( or should I say dentists? ).

Theres got to be another jehova's witness on here besides me!?

Originally posted by Haze

Actually there is no trick or treating in this country (Australia)... poor kids ( or should I say dentists? ).
    I used to go trick or treating when I was in primary school here in Australia (last time I went was ~1995).

I got home with $40 and 2 large bags full of lollies and other niceties

Although it isn't really standard practice here in Australia - our neighbourhood was full of Americans so it was always fun

When my sister was old enough to go trick or treating we had moved out of that neighbourhood (~1996 onwards) and were living elsewhere... there were mainly middle class Australians... I think she got a teabag and a few chocolate bars.

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    shaun.net

Originally posted by shaunewing

... I think she got a teabag and a few chocolate bars.

--Shaun
    A teabag!? That sux, man...kids are supposed to get stuff that's bad and unhealthy for them

Originally posted by DS3tech
    Aussie how about getting one of those stickers to Chicago

DS3Tech
    email me with your mailing details and I'll send some out for free.

*gets inundated with mailing addresses*
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I might make my own stickers and sell them at the Sunday Markets, I am sure they would be a great success

Aussiebob, where is this mob situated that you know of? Which state I mean.

Aussie Bob,

I'll give ya a few bucks via PM if you'll mail one up to the states

Originally posted by richy
    i have no problem with the religion per se as in the uk their are laws to prevent them from withholding treatment from their children so people too young to make a decision arent harmed. religious convictions are all well and good but withholding treatment from children is something i find unforgiveable.
    Witholding treatment? JW's don't withold treatment isn't that Christian Scientists? - JW's just choose bloodless treatment because the bible prohibits the misuse of blood (Acts 15:28,29 and others).

By the way you would be surprised to know how many problems come from blood transfusion, if it was being introduced as a new medicine today it would never get a licence!

Oh and yes I CAN provide the evidence - dangers come from the transmission of numerous infections/viruses to increased reoccurrence in cancer surgery. A recent study showed a 33% risk of infection in the A&E (ER) when blood was transfused compared with 7% without transfusion. The NHS in the UK recently required all hospitals to seek actively for alternatives to blood transfusion, mainly out of concern over vCJD.

By the way I'm No. 2
    Last edited by grandad; 07-25-2002 at 02:00 AM.

Originally posted by markblair
    Nice way to stereotype.
    It may be a stereotype, but it's an accurate one.

-Bob

Originally posted by grandad
    Oh and yes I CAN provide the evidence - dangers come from the transmission of numerous infections/viruses to increased reoccurrence in cancer surgery. A recent study showed a 33% risk of infection in the A&E (ER) when blood was transfused compared with 7% without transfusion.

Thats an iffy study then...

If you get blood in the ER it is most likely life threating.. And the conditions in an ER are far less than perfect for a steral anticeptic enviroment... They don't have time to prep a patent as you would in OR.. If they did prep the patient, there is a strong chance they would die...

Most work done in the ER isn't preventive or cosmetic, its patching you up so you can live, till they can get you up to surgery where they will then work out the fine aspects of your injuries....

By the way you would be surprised to know how many problems come from blood transfusion, if it was being introduced as a new medicine today it would never get a licence!
    That is a good point. Because of the way blood is handled (and in the past, taken) there is naturally an issue with transfusion problems. I've yet to however meet a single JW that refused blood because it was "scientifically unsafe". Everyone has to this point stated clearly it's against their religion and nothing else - which propogates the stereotype if you will.

Understandably though, the benefits outweigh the potential for error by an enormous margin and Acts or not our God performs miracles both through His works and His people, who are we to say saving a life by a doctor giving blood wasn't through Him?

Enough religious babble for me. Everything's interpretive of our own morals anyway, that's why God's plan is perceived on both sides in a war.

Sincerely,

-Matt
    Matt Meier, RackNine Inc.
    email: mmeier@racknine.com
    web: http://www.racknine.com

long story, rather frightening for my wife and my daughter.

some background: I live in a rather well protected household, I have 5 dogs that I had trained for protection of myself and the family, my properly is bricked on 3 sides ( street, north and south, and I have a rock fence along the cliff to prevent people from falling 100'+ to the lower road ) and signs are posted on the gates and in the first 20' of my property ever 25 feet accross ( as per the law ).

I have a rather long drive way with a gate in front. Some how the gate got open and the dogs were inside there kennel. My daughter and my wife are playing in the yard and out appears this woman and man with briefcase in the back yard. All I hear is my wife's voice in panic and 2 other unknown voices, and my wife just hit the panic alarm by the pool. ( for those that understand about panic alarms, they go right to the the police station and you will only know that it is happening because the alarm system blinks red )

Within about 7 seconds, these fools got caught in a very dangerous situation, I released the dogs, and grabbed my shotgun from the den. I am happy to say that I did not have to shoot them, but the dogs took them down by the arms and legs, and did not tear into them after they were in on the ground.

Cops showed up, read me the act, they call the ambulance for these people. cops spent about 2 hours going over everything. I ended up with no charges filed by the town or the 2 people ( yes they were JW )

Mike

side note: since then, the rest of my nieghbors have gotten better security systems and dogs, and the warning signs are all over. " this home is guarded with attack dogs, do not tresspass ", if anybody needs german shepards or needs to send there dogs for training I got the guy in VA that will do it for you. Not cheap but you will be safe.
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    Aussiebob, where is this mob situated that you know of? Which state I mean.
    We're in QLD.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Just across the road from me NT

<<edit>>OHHHH so you are the mob!

just get one doberman (dog) to guard your house and bite those religious 'salesperson' senseless.
    I REALLY HATE people who tries to force their religious beliefs onto myself.That is just plain gay!!! For my case,Hardcore Christians are guilty of it.I do not get islamics knocking my door and ask me to pray to allah and I dont even get any pushy catholics. Just those hardcore christians.
    can stand them.sometimes i wonder what makes christians sooooo pushy?
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast