* Host/Domain Aliases can't be saved from gui email parameters

Hello,

Real quick history of this raq that I inherited admin of.. old admin 'accidentally' deleted /usr/local and never had backups.. I had to recreate those directories to get some basic stuff working..

there are still some email problems hanging around.. one of them is this: when you click on save changes in the control panel - email parameters screen you get a javascript error and it won't save. I need to add a domain to Host/Domain Aliases but can't. the Relay Window (minutes) box comes up with most of (but not all) of the javascript onchange function call as the value of the text box. (ie the source for the page is value= onchange=".... and the onchange bit is actually in the textbox.

Also the first entry in the Host/Domain Aliases is preceded by an @.

All of this makes me think that somehow the backend database is corrupted as the domain with the @ symbol is the one giving me the problem and is properly setup in local-host-names and virtusertable. As far as the configurations I can see from the shell I can't find a problem to fix.

Any help!?!?

Thanks in advance.

If you had access to another box you could migrate the sites across and then do a restore on the main one.
    It might not solve some of your current problems, but would probably stop future ones.
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

Unfortunately, I don't access to another box. Any other ideas on how I could manually work on the database to correct this stuff? First of all, where are the database files located?

I wish I could help you
    I'd advise having a good search on this forum plus the one on rackshack.. you might get lucky
    There's also the cobalt users mailing list archive and the bulletin boards on the Sun Cobalt site.
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar