What might be the problem?

Hello,

I have something that I don't know what is the problem.

There is a website that I am able to ping and navigate around without any program. I also used samspade.org to do a traceroute, and I couldn't find any problem when doing the traceroute.

Today, there is a person in Ohio who suddenly cannot ping the website or load the website. He was able to until today.

If he doesn't have any problem loading other sites and has problem loading and pinging this website, then what might be the problem?

This site is on my server and I didn't do anything to block him out.

Any clue?

It is generally just an over loaded route or a problem with his ISP..

Have him try it later..

But he has no issues with connectivity and he is able to load any others sites. If his isp has a problem, then how is he able to load other sites just fine?

check out ALL his nameservers.

if different nameservers have different zone records it could result in sites being unavailable
    I am now happily selling Natural Herbal Hair Oil - happy to be so far removed from technology!

I'm also having a similar problem.

The problem is that the domain name does not resolve to IP. DNS problem. This remains for a few days and then its ok again. Only on a few ISPs.
    × Dedicated Servers × cPanel Shared/Reseller Hosting
    × VPS × Backups × Cloud × Colocation × Managed Services
    × Webx Networks × Serving world wide since 1997

Originally posted by MotleyFool
    check out ALL his nameservers.

if different nameservers have different zone records it could result in sites being unavailable
    If this is true, then how come I can load the website and navigate freely, while he is having problem.

Originally posted by masood
    I'm also having a similar problem.

The problem is that the domain name does not resolve to IP. DNS problem. This remains for a few days and then its ok again. Only on a few ISPs.
    If the domain name does not resolve to the IP, then how come I can load the site while he can't.

not enough data diagnose.. we can all only guess.

if his domain has only your nameservers then dns may not be the problem
    I am now happily selling Natural Herbal Hair Oil - happy to be so far removed from technology!

Originally posted by Asia

If the domain name does not resolve to the IP, then how come I can load the site while he can't.
    In my case the one who can load the site, their ISP can resolve the domain name, but those who can not, their ISP can not.

In my case the one who can load the site, their ISP can resolve the domain name, but those who can not, their ISP can not.
    Hello,

So what you are saying, the problem resides on his ISP, am I correct?

Originally posted by Asia

Hello,

So what you are saying, the problem resides on his ISP, am I correct?
    THe best way to diagnose the problem is to do a nslookup using the customers DNS server, what happens is the customer uses a DNS server that has his old website IP address cached and he continues to use this IP until the ttl time expires the cached entry. When you look at the website you are looking at for the first time so your dont have a cached entry in your DNS server. Have the customer goto a command prompt and ping the web address, and get what IP it goes to, if its the right IP address then its probably a routing issue, if its the wrong IP address then its a cached DNS entry or the user didnt transfer his domain over to your DNS yet.
    Jay Kramer - Operations Manager
    Affordable Colocation and Dedicated Servers
    www.colostore.com 1-877-719-3698

Asia,

No. I'm trying to find out the reason. This should not be the case, because there are serveral ISPs around the world which were effected.

One possible reason I could think of is that somehow the DNS did not respond at a particular time, and the no-result was cached in those ISPs. It took sometime to refresh.

Asia,

No. I'm trying to find out the reason. This should not be the case, because there are serveral ISPs around the world which were effected.

One possible reason I could think of is that somehow the DNS did not respond at a particular time, and the no-result was cached in those ISPs. It took sometime to refresh.

Whats the domain name?
    Did you check to see if the domain name was still valid, ie expiration date not expired. Who is the registrar, check their root nameservers what DNS server do they say is authoritative for that domain. Then do nslookups from other well known DNS servers, occasionally you get a period when the root-servers have not fully propagated domain names to the other root-servers, this happens more frequent now with many registrars.
    Jay Kramer - Operations Manager
    Affordable Colocation and Dedicated Servers
    www.colostore.com 1-877-719-3698

Today, he told me that everything went back to normal.

There is no new changes to the domain name lately.

I guess it has something to do with his ISP.