hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : siteground just sucks

Forum Jump

siteground just sucks

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

siteground just sucks

this is to all who wants to go for siteground for the 500gb space and stuff. it sucks. so many restrictions on the amount space that can allocated to files. for eg, if you add all those restrictions, you can't use more than 50gb of space.

then there is the server. mad slow..................... the php? so many functions have been stripped of their usefulness. like did you know that unless you know php by heart and could make a script in a second, there is no way you could open a url-file. i tried file, file_get_content, fopen, fsocketopen and others. all say url-access disabled. oh yeah, they dont update their php versions until next major release is there.

the support. you can't post a ticket that easily. i had to post a 'my site not working' support ticket about something that is completely about their service. if you try to ask them something, they give you same frustrating answers.

did you know that they have no satisfaction guarantee? if you want to cancel, you can but you will lose the first month [not the amount you paid / term] + about 20 for setting up. i thought they had an 'automated system' for that?

trust me, nearly half of my scripts dont work because of their stupid settings. like you dont have full chmod access. max is 755 something. the support guys are idiots. the sales need to answer all question about hosting. one of them left me in the middle of support and left. wow.

could keep on going but gonna sleep now.

Sponsored Links
Old
Community Liaison

Honestly, what you expect for less as $6 a month and having a 500GB package?

| Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Old
Web Hosting Master

Maybe it's time for US customers to start file complaints to BBB.

Sponsored Links
Old
WHT Content Curator

$6 for 500GB....those 3 words sums up all your complaints if you know what I mean.

Old
Big fan of RajiniKanth!!!

Look into quality hosting rather than cheap ones like that which offer what is not possible.

Old
Powered By Customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainboy View Post
Honestly, what you expect for less as $6 a month and having a 500GB package?
I agree with that..

General Manager - John K.

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

They used to be a great host. But that was back when there space was only 1GB and bandwidth was 50 I think.

Old
Community Liaison

Quote:
this is to all who wants to go for siteground for the 500gb space and stuff
Should read

Quote:
this is to all who wants to go for <anyone> for the 500gb space and stuff

Old
Webhosting Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevan25 View Post
this is to all who wants to go for siteground for the 500gb space and stuff. it sucks. so many restrictions on the amount space that can allocated to files. for eg, if you add all those restrictions, you can't use more than 50gb of space.

Research before you buy next time, and avoid massively oversold packages. It's a topic being debated since ages on WHT, I fail to understand why people signup and post after they've been burned

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevan25 View Post

then there is the server. mad slow..................... the php? so many functions have been stripped of their usefulness. like did you know that unless you know php by heart and could make a script in a second, there is no way you could open a url-file. i tried file, file_get_content, fopen, fsocketopen and others. all say url-access disabled. oh yeah, they dont update their php versions until next major release is there.

the support. you can't post a ticket that easily. i had to post a 'my site not working' support ticket about something that is completely about their service. if you try to ask them something, they give you same frustrating answers.

did you know that they have no satisfaction guarantee? if you want to cancel, you can but you will lose the first month [not the amount you paid / term] + about 20 for setting up. i thought they had an 'automated system' for that?

trust me, nearly half of my scripts dont work because of their stupid settings. like you dont have full chmod access. max is 755 something. the support guys are idiots. the sales need to answer all question about hosting. one of them left me in the middle of support and left. wow.

could keep on going but gonna sleep now.
I use to host from SiteGround - no offense to them, but I would like to have better English speaking representitives talking to me. I once signed up for a hosting plan from them and this lady called me to verify my account - I could barely understand her.

I'm not stereotyping, I'd just like to better understand their words.

Old
Disturbed

500gb space for $6 so they are offering you over a server of space for $6 when the server costs ~$200-$300/mo?

I could have never thought that they would suck so bad. I have been myself guilty of going with overselling hosts, never expecting alot anyways, but overselling that much?!

Old
Web Hosting Master

The worst part is that they have the backup feature disabled of Cpanel, and if you want a full backup they will charge you $25 per backup.

DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Old
Web Hosting Master

There are so many companies out there that love to oversell. As for the backup, that's horrible. Why would I want to pay them to backup my configurations for $25.00 when I could back it up for free with any other hosting provider?

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Do you have your own backups of your sites? That I think regardless if the provider offers it or not you should always have cuz you never know when you might need it and it's not there so you always gotta have a backup.

Have you already decided who you are trying next? Do a better throughout search of any company before going with them.

Old
Corporate Member

Work out how much space you *really* need and then choose a host which provides just that amount for your budget, you will then likely be on a lesser oversold host and therefore happier.

All IMHO.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Battle of the Independence Day Web Hosting Promotions Blog 2014-07-08 09:50:46
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – December 27, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:35
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - November 8, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:41
Connectria Hosting Rebrands Corporate Policy and Website Web Hosting News 2013-06-28 12:37:57
SiteGround Revamps Brand, Website, Hosting Plans for "Handcraft" Approach Web Hosting News 2013-06-28 10:41:41