Anyone using Planetpayment merchant account??

Hi guyz

Anyone using planetpayment merchant account at the moment?? I like to hear the user's comment. I searched through WHT. Most of related posts seem to give them negative view. But they were all a bit old. Has anyone start using them recently?? How is their support, fraud system...etc.

They use Authorize.net so whatever comes with authorize.net, comes with PP..

Their fees are 3.95% and chargebacks are $30-35..

Support takes about 1 week.. and sometimes u never get a reply...

One thing I like about them:
    Supports international clients and Authorize.net interface

What I really hate about them is the way they handle some things.. We were on the phone to them (they are located in Virgin Islands) about raising our risk limit to $35,000/mo. They wouldn't allow this until we got right up them... That got us really mad because they sounded as if they didn't want your to become successful or grow...
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

Yeah. The only thing I am considering them is because they accept international merchant. It is virutally impossible to obtain an US merchant account if you are outside the USA.

The rate I got from their site is 3.49% + 35cent. Also there is a setup fee of $395. It is quite expensive compare to the regular US merchant. But still cheaper than the 3rd party merchant I am using.

Is there any other alternative options other than planetpayment?

Hi Josh

What I did was, incorporate my company in USA.

CSI merchant account + Authorizenet.

Also, I suggest to avoid CSI and go for W. Fargo Merchant account.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Originally posted by Jedito
    Hi Josh

What I did was, incorporate my company in USA.

CSI merchant account + Authorizenet.

Also, I suggest to avoid CSI and go for W. Fargo Merchant account.
    Hey Jorge..

Thanks for you suggestion. I do have a company incorp in USA. But from what I understand all authorizenet reseller account requires "US social security number" which is impossible to obtain one if you are non US citizen. Of course I could be wrong.

WHo is CSI merchant?? Whats their url?? Whats wrong with them?

How do you go about obtainning a merchant account from W Fargo?? Dont their require US SS#?? What about US presence, such as US physical address/ phone number ..etc.

CSI URL: http://www.cardservice.com/

The problem with all authorizenet resellers is that they sold too the AuthorizeNet merchant account, I know that CSI do not require SSN (in fact, I'm using their MA), also I contacted to WF and they told me that's ok.

I suggest to avoid CSI because their support its bad to inexistent, the biggest problem that I have right now, its that they didn't sent the money to my bank account. I tried to contact somebody in the last 15 days without luck. I really suggest to pay a bit more and get a WF MA.

Here you have a few links that they sent me

http://www.wellsfargo.com/pdf/biz/authorize_net.pdf

http://www.wellsfargo.com/pdf/biz/merchant_app.pdf

http://www.wellsfargo.com/pdf/biz/sm...ss_pricing.pdf
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Doesn't jaguarpc offer a authorize.net merchant account with $0 setup?

Yes, and it'll save you $350, apparently.

http://www.jaguarpc.net/ecom.php

Hey Jorge...

I just checked W Fargo merchant's site.

They seems to require SS# too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
    http://www.wellsfargosecure.com/how_to_apply.html
    Personal information: Home and business addresses, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, driver's license number, Social Security numbers for owner(s)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

So, are you sure you are able to get a MA with them??

Whats CSI's Fee and rates... I cant seem to find the info on their site.

Originally posted by Synthetic
    Yes, and it'll save you $350, apparently.

http://www.jaguarpc.net/ecom.php
    I could be wrong. But as far as I know, most of reseller from authoriznet dont accept international merchant. Thats the main issue here.

We have a PP account, thought it's been idle. A month ago the banks suspended mastercard and visa on it till I rang planet payment. Was assured they'd be switched back on in 24 hours. When it wasn't, e-mailed them and got a reply two days later saying:
    We have yet to hear back from the bank on the reactivation request for your account. I apologize for setting unrealistic expectations as to the timeframe for reactivation. As soon as we have word back from the bank, we will let you know.
    Fair enough, banks are evil... waited 12 days with no response. Then rang them again. Seems they'd been talking about it the day before
    [but didn't e-mail regarding it]
    and would switch banks for get the account open again
    [still, no e-mail about it?]
    have been assured it'll be working again by the end of the week
    [*cough*]
    The *only* way to deal with PP is to ring them, ask for the rep by name (or deal with repeating your login name a few times), then nail them down on as many points as you can.

Now granted it's an unused account, and only now being tested, so I understand the bank suspending it (no-one wants a loose merchant account lying around unwatched to be abused), but once the paying customer decides to make use to what they've paid $45(US) a month for, you'd assume it would be switched back on, and e-mails answered in a timely manner.

Note: a 2 day reactivation has turned into 2 weeks

One of the reasons the account's been idle so long is we also use paysystems. They're only fault really is not having full merchant accounts. While some of their support staff are a step above eggplants as far as IQ goes, the rest do their job, and do it fast, short of 'complex issues' which I suspect are issues with the control panel itself. If paysystems offered us a merchant account tomorrow I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

Sadly Planet Payment are about the only ones who offer an international account that allows for full multi-currency billing. The moment an equivilent service offers that with the service we (hosting companies) expect, PP will be dead in the water.

I don't recommend them, but understand the need for them. Their service piggybacks off authorize.net so is quality as far as software goes. The support personal are lazy, uncommitted, and don't seem to understand what e-mailing a customer to inform them of the situation is for. Instead they wait until you harass them by phone, before giving non-committal promises.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Look like PP isn't a good option. I have been using paysystems for a while too. I like their system which has done pretty good job. But we do have need for a full merchant account. Maybe I will look around to see if I can get a regular US merchant through one of Authorizenet reseller.

If my experience worth in some way, do not waste your time emailing or trying to contact the resellers listed in the AuthorizeNet page.

I tried with all of them, and the only who told me that I'll able to get it were WellsFargo but if I use their M.A.

Originally posted by Jedito
    If my experience worth in some way, do not waste your time emailing or trying to contact the resellers listed in the AuthorizeNet page.

I tried with all of them, and the only who told me that I'll able to get it were WellsFargo but if I use their M.A.
    Yeah, thanks for your advice.

I will try to apply for Wellsfargo MA. Btw, do you mean WFargo's own merchant account or applying authorizenet through WFargo?? Because I think they might have different product.

I mean apply to WF merchant account and get Authorizenet as Payment Gateway.

I'm not sure of this, but I think that mostly the Authorizenet resellers give you an Authorizenet MA. I can be wrong, but I think that it work in that way.

With WF, they sold you the MA and they apply with Authorizenet only for the payment gateway.

BTW, if you're interested, CSI will have on hold $3000 for 30 days because this was my first month with them. as I said, AVOID CSI.